Thread: Cannot start Sniper Elite V2, clicking on its exe file does nothing

Cannot start Sniper Elite V2, clicking on its exe file does nothing

I was searching for this on google but failed to get any solution that can work on it. I am having this problem every time I try to start the Sniper Elite V2. There was no problem with the download. Download went well without any problem. But now I am not able to start this. It does nothing when I click on that. I opened the task bar and there also I can’t find any new task. Is there someone who is having the same problem or knows that how to get this problem solved. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on my computer. I will appreciate each and every suggestion on this. Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: Cannot start Sniper Elite V2, clicking on its exe file does nothing

Have you logged in as the admin of the system? If you have not admin rights then there is possibility that you may get such issues. So make sure that you are the admin of the system while you run the exe file and see if it is showing you the same problem. I have faced somewhat similar problem but with some other game and I solved it in the same way. You can also ask your admin to provide proper privilege for this and there will be no problem with this. I am not 100% sure that this will solve the problem because there might be other possible reasons for this but checking for admin rights once is really worth for it. Anyways, you just try with this once and see if that can solve the problem, for you. If that fails to work then please reply back and we will again try to resolve it in some other possible ways.

I would like to tell you that this game is not having support for the Direct X 9. So you should check that which DX you are running in your system. If you are trying to run the game on the dx9 card then this is surely going to show you the issues like this. In my case, I am running the Direct X 11 and there is no problem with the game. This is running smooth. This is the primary thing that you must check in the situations like this. Other than this, checking for the admin rights is also one of the important thing to check as already suggested above.

There is one more workaround for this. You will have to go to the location where demo is installed on the steam and from there go to the bin. You will get the exe file there. Now you will have to run this on the xp compatible mode. There are some of the users who have resolved this problem in this way also. So I am suggesting you this one as well. Good Luck!!!

Here is what happened to me while playing the game and how I resolved this problem. I don’t know that if this will be helpful for you or not but I am posting with the hope that it will help you. I am having the mobile NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M and in my case, it was always crashing while the "Rebellion" intro. I tried all the things to get it solved but noting was helpful for me. So at last, I went to nvidia control panel and there I made some changes saying that I want to use my laptop to use the Nvidia gpu instead of the automatic selection accessible through the nvidia "Optimus Technology". I saved the changes a nd that resolved the problem for me. I don’t know that what was the problem with this but this resolves my problem. I don’t think that there is any need to verify the integrity of the game cache or something else.

It will be good for you if you can try verifying the minimum system requirement for the game and comparing that with the system that you are having. If you are lacking in the minimum system requirement then there is more possibility that you will get kind of issues. This is the very first thing that you need to check in the cases like this. If you have low specification then you will have to upgrade your system if you really which to play the games like this.