Thread: FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 is disgrace to EA sports

FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 is disgrace to EA sports

Every two years, EA sports brings out UEFA Euro 2012 game in market before the actual tournament starts. They did the same this year too. I being a football fan and regularly play FIFA games, I brought this dlc too. But to my surprise, it was just wrong; I mean the previous Euro game from EA sports I had played was better than this one. There are too many senseless mistakes and improper content that makes me avoid this game. I don’t know about other people, but right now I am feeling that I should start playing Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer rather than EA sport’s Fifa 12 and UEFA Euro 2012. What do other people have to say about it?

Re: FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 is disgrace to EA sports

This game has very less matches and game modes as compared to the previous versions of this game. The previous versions used to have qualifying rounds as a part of main tournament. But in this new game, there is no qualifying round in the main tournament. The only way to access the qualifying rounds is by playing in the Expedition mode. Also there is no option for having twenty three men squad as in real football team. There are only seventeen players and no reserve players. But if we see all the old FIFA games made by EA sports, then they have never focused in the team management part. The only way to expand squad above the seventeen players is through Expedition mode. Else there is no access to management of reserve players. Due to this, one cannot select the squad according to a specific game style. For Example, if one wants to play using Sweden, but due to limited number of players there is no good right winger in the team, then one will not be able to use tactics that need a right winger. In my case, if such situation arises, I pick him out of reserve players and put him main team even though he is of low ratings. But this is possible only in Expedition mode as one can store more players in a team.

The worst thing that I found about this game is its Challenge mode. According to the trailer and description I thought that it will provide one challenges from qualifying rounds and maybe from past Euro tournament. But here there is only one challenge provided. They say that other challenges will be released later on. I mean it has been months since Qualifying rounds are finished and almost hundreds of matches have taken place. Couldn’t they even replicate at least ten of them? Also the only challenge provided is no good. Now that they have said that new challenges will be launched afterwards, EA sports better not charge any money on it.

The game has reduced difficulty level as compared to the original game, that is Fifa 12. You can actually score an goal from 30 yards using a player with good accuracy like Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard or Cristiano Ronaldo. You just find a clear spot at 30 yards and tap the shoot button. Once a decent amount of strength is accumulated, leave the button and ball goes into the goal. Even on the professional level, I found goal keeper very lazy to catch the ball.
    Also the decisions given by referee are very bad. They mark fouls that are not and ignore many fouls that are done by the AI. Also the goal keeper never gets send even if kick on some player’s face. There seems to be problem with rag doll rig of the players as many times, the collisions among the players get them thrown away at feet away. Also it is very easy to break the defense of team like Spain using some simple footwork and techniques. Also I don’t get the feel of individuality among the players as they seem to lost their unique style and techniques. Cristiano Ronaldo looks like just another ordinary player, The positioning and behavior of Iker Cassilas seems just like every other goal keeper and also other players. All defenders can do is put their feet between the player who has ball’s possession or sometime tackle. But the technique to block a player while supporting player tackles away the ball seems to be lost.

This game doesn’t have many licensed teams. I was playing against Wales when I realized that Gareth Bale has been names as Gareth Belk something. The players and teams are not licensed. Thus one will find wrong names and jerseys in this game. This unlicensed team issue would have been acceptable if it were for only four or five teams, but in this game it extends up to twenty four teams. Now this is not acceptable. At least they should have obtained to use license of major key players of these teams. It becomes hard to recognize which one is the star player who has been wrongly named.
    Also many users are complaining about this dlc slowing down their system or freezing the system. No one has found the cause of this problem and even EA sports is ignoring this error. I think that developers should release some patch which will solve this problem.

Also the distribution of playing ability of many players have been wrongly programmed as compared to other players. What I mean to say is that star players like Wayne Rooney, David Villa or Cristiano Ronaldo can easily break defense even if there are strong defenders like Sergio Ramos, Carlos Puyol, Ashley Cole or John Terry. I mean to say these players mentioned are best in their own position. Neither they are from some weak team that they failed to perform their task due to lack of support from other team members. I think the balance of power between players should be maintained properly. Similarly, if you try to play using attacking who have a normal game style like Andy Carrol or Aaron Ramsey, then it becomes hard to break the defense and the defenders easily overpower you. Again it points to the lack of balance among the game of players. I have also noticed that players who can pass very well like Steven Gerrard, Mesut Oezil, Xavi or Nani can make a good pass from any corner or even if they are trapped between more than two players. But similarly, if you try to dribble the ball to evade more than two players using a normal rated player like Joleon Lescott or Raul Meireles. They are easily tackled or dispossessed of the ball. I think that developers want to give player a false sense of being powerful with certain players.