Thread: FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 dlc isn’t what EA sports promised it would be

FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 dlc isn’t what EA sports promised it would be

I recently purchased the FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 expansion pack as I wanted to play the Euro 2012 tournament without having to create a custom tournament. In the trailer it promised that it will give the experience of the real life tournament in virtual form. They also promised that it will have all the squads and their attributes like in real life. But in this patch most of the things that were promised seems to be missing. EA sports have cheated people out of their money. I purchased the patch for $25 and I feel that I have wasted the money on some useless crappy dlc. I think if all people who feel cheated unite and raise their voice against them, EA sports might refund our money. The quality of this patch is so bad that, I think that EA sports should pay people to download this patch. They haven’t fixed the bugs that exist in FIFA 12, nor you can import any change made in FIFA 12 to UEFA Euro 2012, it is just bad. What do other people think about it?

Re: FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 dlc isn’t what EA sports promised it would be

Yes, I agree with the fact that this must be one of the worst products ever released by EA sports. They promised to have all the teams in real tournament in this patch, but here only forty two teams out of fifty seem to be real. Other teams are just placed to fill the empty space that will be left vacant otherwise. Actually the eight teams that I am taking about have the names of real team, but the jersey, faces of players and names of the players are completely different from that in real world. According to many other friends who purchased this dlc, these teams aren’t licensed. So to replicate them, developers have used any random alphabets instead of their names. The worst part of this problem is that Poland’s team is also not licensed and many of the matches are going to take place in their country. I tried changing their names manually, but changing names of twenty to twenty-five players from each team becomes an tedious and hectic task. Also without their official jerseys and faces, it does not give any feel of playing against them. Whenever I play against this unlicensed team and some known player comes in focus, it disappoints me to see some different looking and named player in his place.

This DLC doesn’t accept any change made from the main game. For Example, I changed the hairstyle of Joe Hart in main game, but in UEFA Euro 2012 he still retains the old hairstyle. Also other changes like change in number behind the jersey or name that should be displayed on jersey isn’t affected. I think that developers should release a patch to enable exporting data from FIFA 12 to UEFA Euro 2012.

EA sports haven’t even solved the problems like bad refereeing and improper AI behavior. You can still notice referee making noticeable mistakes like giving free kicks from wrong places or marking the foul slightly outside the penalty box as penalty shot. The late declaration of penalty is also not been solved. This is one problem that often occurs. Many times it happens that while tackling an opponent’s player, it actually is a foul. But that time it is ignored by the referee. After that I almost reach in the penalty box and is about to shoot when the game is stopped. The reason is, referee realizes that foul had taken place. Even I can do it as the option for appealing for foul remains for a long period of time. This becomes irritating as many times the game is stopped at a crucial moment for a mistake that occurred sometime back. The goal keepers can never be red carded even for the most violent foul. Also many rag doll error that throws the player around unrealistically still exists.

This dlc doesn’t allow players to use many features on the online mode. For example, when playing in multiplayer mode, you have to use only preset teams, formation and tactics. You cannot change the team formation in the menu of single game or even have the permanently changed team to work as it should do. For example, I am playing using England and I need to play Andy Carrol instead of Wayne Roony for one game. So before the game starts, I replace Wayne Rooney with Andy Carrol. But when the game starts, instead of Andy Carrol, Wayne Rooney comes back in the team. Also if you have changed the formation of your team, then you will not be allowed to connect to the game. You will need to restore default formation to connect the game in multiplayer mode.
    There is also no option for using custom tactics and formations on the multiplayer mode of this dlc. You cannot set the custom position and role for any player or team. This seems like you are playing an football game meant for mobile phone. Yes, the FIFA 12 mobile version has fixed formation and strategies that should be used. Due to this, the game style and uniqueness of a team and an individual player is lost. You cannot find the perfect timing between the players as you see in real. It seems like game of robots who maintain a fixed position every moment.

When the developers knew that at the end of this season, it will be time for Euro 2012, why didn’t they just provide an internal option to play the tournament using the existing settings. After the teams were set, they could have released a simple patch which would have changed the team formation and other minor details. Also having it as a part of main game, it would have been possible to make changes to the characteristics of the players without any problem. This is just a dirty trick by EA sports to earn money. If I knew that this dlc was going to be this bad, I would have created a custom tournament in Fifa 12 and played it.

People are saying that though this dlc is bad, expedition mode is good to play. It is like one should build whole team from scratch and then compete against the big teams. First I thought that it was like manager mode according to the footage that was shown in the trailer. But when I played it, it was actually bad than I expected. After winning matches, you are given players at random, that too of low rating. I mean, if a team is participating in tournament like UEFA Euro 2012, then it will be a country. Any country will have population in lakhs. So why will country not select the best players from beginning and provide them after the weak players start winning. Also as you proceed and win bigger match, you will get players from other countries. I still couldn’t understand the point of expedition mode; it’s just the usual manager mode that they have put. Also this format is not applicable in tournament which involves countries.