Thread: Is bad referee decisions and AI fouls fixed in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Is bad referee decisions and AI fouls fixed in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

EA sports had said that they will be making FIFA 12 more realistic by creating variations in decisions of Referee. Like in real matches, it is not possible for a referee to see the tiniest details and thus many times they miss out some small fouls that are usually created or maybe sometimes, the ball doesn’t touch goal keeper’s hand and goes out of field. But from referee’s view, it seems that the ball had touched the goal keeper’s hand and thus corner kick is declared. I thought EA sports were taking about it, but when I played I was surprised to see that this system was awkwardly bad. Many penalties that could be easily seen from meters away were avoided; card decisions were given inappropriately and also late declaration of penalties were commonly seen. Have this issues been solved in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012?

Re: Is bad referee decisions and AI fouls fixed in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

I know the problems that FIFA 12 has with bad refereeing. Many times, fouls made outside the penalty box would lead to penalty shoots. Many shots which didn’t touch goalie’s hand would be awarded as corner kicks. I know these problems. In older games like FIFA 09 or FIFA 10 where such realism was not emphasized, all the decisions by the referee would be hyper accurate. But now instead of adding realism, EA sports have made this game closer to fantasy game. Also however hard you try, however bad fouls you do using a goal keeper or AI’s goal keeper does, he never gets sent off. You can replace the goal keeper with another player anytime; you can continue to play with one player less in team. But still there is no possibility of getting a goal keeper red carded. Just in this season we saw Jose Reina, who is goal keeper Liverpool getting a red card. All the developer has to do is add a menu which will prompt to select an on-field player to replace the red carded goal keeper.

Re: Is bad referee decisions and AI fouls fixed in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Euro 2012 for FIFA 12 is just a patch. It will add some new content like jerseys, players, formations and some other objects like trophy. It won’t change the base code which works for referee’s decisions and fouls. So if you are asking if these problems have been solved in this dlc, then the answer is no. The base gameplay is same as that in main game, FIFA 12. You will still experience the wrong decisions by referee. AI making so bad fouls that in real it can kill the player and still get away with just a penalty. You will also see existence of problems with the ragdoll that throws and drops the players in an awkward manner.