Thread: Is The Walking Dead Game having 3D Vision support?

Is The Walking Dead Game having 3D Vision support?

I am willing to get The Walking Dead Game as I have checked out the trailer and demo of the same and I am just impressed with it but then I just wanted to know that is it having 3D Vision support? I have asked the same to other people and have got varying answers for it so I am expecting a straight forward answer here to kill my doubt?? Is there anyone who has an complete idea of the same?? Any suggestion regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Is The Walking Dead Game having 3D Vision support?

I have checked out for the same as well and I will like to inform you that there has not been any official addressing The Walking Dead to be having 3D vision support, it is not even there in any Telltale Games title, so I am not very sure about the same, the only thing I have come across is that there are some 3rd party tools which can be used for making the existing game work on with the 3D vision tech but then it is said to be not officially supported or authored, I have played “Back to the Future” and I was just great in 3D, I wish if The Walking Dead Game could work like that as well but then as I have already mentioned that there is no profile, I am just not sure about the same.

I agree to you completely for this the The Walking Dead Game is not having any official support for 3D Vision but then we can still try playing them by using some third party app, by now I have tried out playing Sam and Max series, Monkey Island, Wallace Grommit as well as Jurassic Park and even they were not having official support for 3D, so if you want then you can try out the same but then I will like to share that the pop-out is extreme on default and in order to avoid the same you will have to reduce and adjust for narrowing the convergence so as to get a comfortable level and maintain depth, I have also tried playing Walking dead ep1 and I have not yet faced any rendering errors and the game is just running fine so far.

Yes you can try out playing the game with 3D, i also wanted to share that I have played the entire 1st episode with 3D on but then I was not satisfied as it was not appearing to be that great but then if you want then you can play the game on low setting, as it will be adding some depth and you will find it better, the problem that you will notice is that some close screen edge textures will not be there, I mean that they will get disappear, in some cases the Menus will be messed up as well but then that will completely depend on the 3DVision depth/convergence settings, these issues are said to be common and I don’t think that they should matter a lot, you will have to use 3DVision settings for managing the depth as I have mentioned and for that follow the below steps:
    • First go in to the NVIDIA control panel>Stereoscopic 3D>Setup Stereoscopic 3D and then check mark the “Enable stereoscopic 3D” option and after that click on “Set Keyboard Shortcuts”
    • Now click on the “Show advanced in-games settings” options and then check mark the “Enable advanced in-games settings” option and then click on ok and then on apply.
    • When you are done with the same then just start the game and then Press CTRL + ALT + INSERT for closing the green OSD message.
    • If you don’t get any OSD then pres and hold CTRL + F5 for a while for setting the low convergence, once you are done with the same and if you are finding the Objects to be too close to you then you can further press and hold CTRL + F6 for adjusting the same.
    • Now for saving the convergence profile pres CTRL + F7, if you don’t want to start the 3D setup every time for starting the game then you can just change the 3D settings as you willing time and save the same with CTRL + F7.
    • For setting up the Low depth and High Depth use CTRL + F4 and make sure that you are setting Low depth between 20% where as High Depth to High but then if you are not willing to use the 3D gaming then you can use CTRL + F3 for lowering the value.

Just try out the same and enjoy, if you have any issues further then feel free to ask.