Thread: The Walking Dead Game is lagging during cut scenes

The Walking Dead Game is lagging during cut scenes

I have recently started playing The Walking Dead Game and even after having a good system meeting the system requirement required for the game with all the drivers up to date I have found that the game is lagging during cut scenes, I mean that when the camera is cutting to some other angle then there is a delay of 1-3 sec where the screen stays still but then the audio keeps continuing, I have been running the game on max settings as my system is capable of the same but then I don’t know what is the issue all about, is there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out in fixing this??

Re: The Walking Dead Game is lagging during cut scenes

I have been facing the same issue, in my case even I am having one of the best system for gaming, the system requirement for this game is hardly is not even touching the my system specification but then I am not able to track out the cause of this issue, the drivers are up to date as well, the lag is really very bad in the forest cut scene, I have tried out knocking down the resolution to 640x480 and low textures as well but then they does not seems to be making any difference and the issue was the same, I have been looking out after an answer for the same I other forums as well but then I have just found more and more people complaining about the same issue but then I have not yet found a effective solution to fix it out, I have visited some official forums as well and have found them to be mentioning that it is some kind of driver issue with only AMD video cards, they have been reported about this from a lot of AMD video card user including me. I am hoping to get it fixed in their next patch.

I really don’t think that it is true, as I am having the same issue using EVGA GTX 460s, even I have been wandering in other forums and I have found most of the user having AMD video card but then it is just jot with AMD, I have even came across some users having NVidia as well, I think that the users having AMD video card might have reported the issue in mass, as I have mentioned the lag is mostly appearing during cut scenes, even I though t this issue is because of the driver but then by now I have tried out using different versions of driver using the latest ones as well but then they are just not helping, if anyone gets any update on this then please post it here, it will be appreciated.

I think that I can help you guys out here, actually I was facing the same issue with The Walking Dead Game and I was trying out a no of workaround t get it fixed somehow but then they were just not helping but then later I was suggested to turn off the shadows and to my surprise it worked, I am not facing any lag in the game, if you want then you all can try out the same and see if it is helping, I am quite sure it should help as I was having the same case like you all, just try it out and then let me know what response you are getting . My system specification are as followed:
    • Phenom-II x4 955
    • 16GB Corsair CL9 @ 1600mhz
    • GTX 460 1GB o/c@850mhz

Hey thanks for that, it is really appearing to be helping, I have just tried out running the game by turning off the shadow and now the lag does not seems to be that irritating, I have found that there Is still some lagging where low shadow effects are poor, as I have said that there seems to be some issue with the audio as well but then I have not found others to be talking about the same, is it just in my case and so??? I have noticed that there is still some stuttering and I am really wishing them for fixing this out as soon as possible, turning off the shadow is helping but then I think that it is just a temporary solution and not an actual fix. I have stopped playing the game for now as I am not able to pay much attention to the shadows when playing the game.