Thread: Is cross ups broken in Street Fighter x Tekken?

Is cross ups broken in Street Fighter x Tekken?

Currently I am playing against of Rufus. I am having good eye when it is crossing up as it supposed to match with Rufus players. It was blocking the entire game. I was wondering that I was blocking in proper manner but I was wrong and I got hit. I finished after using last combos and same thing happened with me as well. I could not get whether it happened because of broken mechanic or online lag. Also if they are supposed to blocking a cross up then they should be stand in front of me in the game.

Re: Is cross ups broken in Street Fighter x Tekken?

In this particular game I have also noticed the same thing as well. if you are having good reversal then Rufus will be able to reign down the dive kicks when playing the game. well according to me cross up seems to be badly spaced as well as timed jumps. allow high cross ups supposed to be done ambiguously at the same time they are having capability to combo off of.

If I am not wrong tekken character are able to get cross up range when you have managed to effectively opened up them in the game. you will not require to have a look on spacing and they are jumping from where they have jumped into the game. for weak players I recommend that one should go for relatively powerful techniques and it could lots of spamming into the game.

Yes you are right the same thing happened with me as well. If you are not able to cross up then you might get hit from Rufus' dive kick. Dive kick hits would simply in front of you where as Rufus would land behind of you in the game. As far as SF$ is concerned similar kind of dive kicks supposed to cross up all the time. Follow-up combo was also guaranteed if you had blocked into correct manner in the game. I was not faced any issue with SF4 Rufus. I managed to get hit game as I failed to see dive kicks supposed to cross up or not. Ken's cross up tatsu seems to be easy mode and cross ups. You are going to get such situation several times when you are supposed to cross up with character of yours. you will be able turn the way because of overhead and still you will require to block as it did not supposed to cross up.

Well I am wondering that entire thing is dependent on characters which you are using in the game. Reversal options or escape options seems to be really frustrating. It is something like how you have managed to defeat Cody in SSF4AE. It could be different scenario if are playing at the corner. You might go behind in certain situation.

People who are complaining about cross up are actually talking about teleport glitch in the game. It is happening when you are going to block some characters jumps at the time of attack. In case any character is going for cross-up then he should hold when you block. Many times situation can occur that opponent will be able to teleport at other side in the game. rather than of standing at left side of yours he would pop up in the right side in the game. it implies that you will require to press down+left in order to block attack made by him. It would result into some more cross-ups as you will need to guess couple of times to block. Hence there would be double chances that it would land on actual combo.

However I am not sure about the thing that above mentioned thing is intended into the game. according to me one should leave it. I know that it is really annoying when it gets happen. Blocking in the game seems to be really strong so that you can turtle before the time out by means of auto-block gems. You are having very less things to do if you are really good at blocking. So it will help you out for action rolling. You should see that you are having specific setups in order to work with same. however it does not mean that it would work for you.

I think you wanted to say that one should be able block your attacker in the game. though you have accurately guessed where exactly attacker going to land in the game. in case your character is standing in wrong direction and he is not able to block the cross up. If this particular thing provided then I am sure that one will not be able to block in the game by any mean. I am not having much idea regarding the game as played for couple of times only. But I noticed couple of situation particularly in online scenario when I blocked my character into correct direction but still my character got hit by cross ups. I am wondering that game is simply dropping block inputs online or I don’t know. I did not notice this particular thing into online scenario mode. we are talking about the confusing situation when we are not able to figure out from where exactly attacker is going to attack in the game.

The thing which we are discussing about can be done well in SFIV. In SFIV you should have good setup. But it did not seems to be spamable at all. Shotos will be able to do the same without having much issue. if you have managed to block Rufus divekick crouching then you are having large chances threat attacker will simply go over of you and you will be able to teleport as described in the game. it seems that weird character hit would simply push over.

As far as this particular game is concerned every single character has jump attack if you had timed properly. it will simply hit box on one of the side your character. However recovery frames will simply move your character other side of the opponents of yours. so there should be proper spacing between both the gamers. It should be counted by receiving player as its having knowledge of mix up as well as appropriate manner of blocking in the game. you should react enough quickly so that you can block the attack. So far all the gamers are not making use of real mechanics rather they are using meter so that they can damage 17.

After playing game for couple of hours I have concluded that it is frustrating for both attacker and players itself. I have noticed that opponent would try to mash reversal once he blocks jumping in the game. The boxes provided in the game are larger enough in terms of jumps. They should use large number of hit boxes and hurt boxes so that you will be able to define attack in the game. If you are looking to block cross up then you should figure out at where exactly opponent should land. You should think about normal jump in as far as cross up is concerned. I think this particular thing is provided intentionally and if so then it seems to be bad mechanics . as many of the gamers will not be able learn about the same.

In case gamers is doing cross-up and he is not having any idea where exactly opponent is going to land then it seems to be fault of developer and it should be fixed by them only.

I am highly suspecting that entire issue is associated with bug issue. As you will be able to block the jumping attack by any mean in the game. It is possible that you have blocked cross up in perfect manner but it opponent is landing at non-cross up side. So it is happening because of bug issue. If you are holding your character into wrong direction then you are going to block your jumping attack by any mean. If you are playing at mid screen then you should stay at left corner and block into right. I think it can work for you in most of the situation when you are playing. I don’t think so the situation would be same as that of SSF4, KOF13 or any other game available in the market.