Thread: Changing name of unlicensed players in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Changing name of unlicensed players in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

I recently downloaded FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 and started to play it. I selected Spain as my team and began playing the game. The first match itself was disappointing as I had to face Wales. From Wales I was expecting Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey, Ryan Giggs and many more. But on starting the game, I was greeted by Belth instead of Bale, Gwynther instead of Gunter and many more such bad names. On searching for some more details about this problem, I found an article that said that most of the players and teams in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 is unlicensed. I becomes irritating to know that player you like is wrongly spelt. I am thinking of changing the names of the players manually. But I cannot find any option which will help to edit their names. Can anyone tell me how can I do it?

Re: Changing name of unlicensed players in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Your idea of manually changing names of each player from every team is very bad. Every team has around twenty to twenty five players and there are twenty four unlicensed team in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012. So if you start changing names, you will need to change names of around five hundred to six hundred names. Again if you don’t know name of any player, then finding it and changing it will become more irritating at this rate. You will spend days doing it. The funniest part of this dlc is that even teams of Poland and Ukraine are not licensed and they themselves are hosting this tournament. I know how angry you must be over this development, but let me tell you even though you are ready to spend hours and days in editing names of players of unlicensed teams, there are no option to it. You have to play with what you have. Even editing the names from main FIFA 12 will not export the changes to FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012.

Everybody are complaining about the teams not being licensed properly and having improper names and kits in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012. But these people too have to understand the fact that licensing a team is not an easy job. It requires professional negotiations, money and also agreement of clauses between two organizations, that is game developers and the team heads. EA sports must have tried getting the license from the teams but maybe the price that was needed to purchase the license was not affordable for the developers or maybe the clauses were not agreed between both the organizations. There can be many reasons for this issue, but I don’t think that players have right to complain as the developers must have suffered more than them knowing that their work will remain incomplete due to this problem.
    Also if EA sports had paid the money or agreed to the clauses to solve this problem, then they would have needed to increase the cost dlc more. This would have again led to many complaints from the fans for high prices.

The issue here in discussion is not about how much money developers would have needed to spend on purchase of license and efforts they needed to put, but here the issue here is about why EA sports lied to the buyers. They would have straight away mentioned that some teams are not licensed thus you might not get names and other details according to the real teams. No one would have complained. Even the trailers were so perfect and also the description, that it created a mirage of realism among the fans. EA sports should have been truthful to its fans.