Thread: The Walking Dead Game PC Controls

The Walking Dead Game PC Controls

I have started playing this game and I am just loving it, I have found many people getting messed with the PC Controls so I am just starting this thread to share the PC Controls with them, I wish there could have been a cinematic skip function but then till then you can enjoy the basic controls, enjoy guys.
    • W or up arrow key- To move forward
    • A or left arrow key- To move left
    • S or down arrow key- To move back
    • D or right arrow key- To move right
    • Q – wrestle (You will have to tap q rapidly for a good wrestling)
    • E - shove
    • 1-4 – To go through the dialogue
    • mouse wheel – To scroll for dialogue
    • left click – To make choices

Re: The Walking Dead Game PC Controls

Hey thanks for the same, I was aware of the other controls but then I was missing the trick of using Q – wrestle, actually I was holding it down and I was thinking that why is it not doing anything and why I am just getting killed all the time but then now tapping it repeatedly is really helping me out, I also wanted to add that Tapping it till the arrows gets closed and the E appeared then the key press did the trick as well, I am now enjoying the game without any issues, I was not aware of the mouse wheel for choices as well and was using number keys but then now I have learnt that as well, so if anyone else is having any issues with it then just Scroll to highlight and after that do a left click for choosing anything. Hope that helps the ones who need some guidance like this.

I think that you both are well aware of the controls by now so I wanted to know that how should I fire the shotgun on a PC after picking it up, actually I am able to see the icon on the left but then I am just not able to find out the key that is required for shooting, I have been trying to play the game like that and trying to guess the keys but then I have been just getting killed and I don’t want to play like that more, I am not having any issues with the other PC controls as a game controller and have found many of them to be using keyboards, so is there anyone who can help me out as well, I also wanted to know if there is a way by which I can re-map keys, The other thing I wanted to share is that when Lee is blocking the door for avoiding the zombies to enter and when I am tapping the zombies even then the zombies are entering and killing me, I really need help with all this as I am just not able to enjoy the game, so any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunal ? View Post
    I think that you both are well aware of the controls by now so I wanted to know that how should I fire the shotgun on a PC after picking it up, actually I am able to see the icon on the left but then I am just not able to find out the key that is required for shooting, I have been trying to play the game like that and trying to guess the keys but then I have been just getting killed and I don’t want to play like that more, I am not having any issues with the other PC controls as a game controller and have found many of them to be using keyboards, so is there anyone who can help me out as well, I also wanted to know if there is a way by which I can re-map keys, The other thing I wanted to share is that when Lee is blocking the door for avoiding the zombies to enter and when I am tapping the zombies even then the zombies are entering and killing me, I really need help with all this as I am just not able to enjoy the game, so any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
    Ok mate don’t worry about the same, as far as the shooting is concerned you just have to grab the shell on the ground to your right, for blocking the door so as to avoid the zombies to enter just scroll your mouse when the door open a little for closing it, just try it out and then let me know if it is helping or not, if you want then you can try using arrow keys as well rather than using W,S,A,D but then it depends, I mean you can use the arrow keys if you are comfortable with it, I have found many people to be using the W,S,A,D and not the arrow keys as controlling the W,S,A,D is easy as compared to the arrow keys for them, if you have any further queries then feel free to ask, I will try to help you out with the same.

Hey guys I have just started playing this game on macbook and I am looking out after an answer for the below questions so is there anyone who can help me out??
    1. First of all I wanted to know if there is any controller support?
    2. I am not able to open the patio doors, I know that I have to use a eye and hand option but the I am not aware of selecting the same on macbook ?
    3. How can I access the inventory, the Celmentine in my case needs a band aid but then I am not able to find out a way for putting it on her finger.
    4. Is there any short cut for saving the game??
    5. I know that people prefer using WASD keys but then I am finding it out to be a bit difficult as I am having some problem with my hands, so I wanted to know if there is a way by which I can remap the controls via an .ini file or hex editor?
    6. As far as the arrow keys are concerned do I have to enable them or they are enabled by default?

Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Ok, I will be answering you in the same manner:
    1. As far as the controller support is concerned then you can just download a freeware program called xpadder which will allow you to use any ps3 or xbox controller for pc games, you will just have to configure the buttons for your key board and mouse, just to explain the same in detail, W,A,S,D will be ps3 left analog, R1 will be left,mouse button L1 will mouse right button where as right analog will be mouse EXT.
    2. For opening the patio doors if you are not having a mouse wheel then you can just make use number keys, for the hand option you will have to press 2.
    3. If you are having scroll/number options in the OP and if you are having the band-aid from the kit then you can just use the mouse on Clem where as number keys or mouse wheel for applying the band-aid, actually you don’t get access to the inventory but then it is just noted in the left section of the screen when you are having it.
    4. There is no short cut for saving the game as it only autosaves
    5. See if you are not able to use the WASD keys then you probably have the option of using arrow keys instead but then I will like to inform you that the keys are not mappable and you might face some issues with Q and E keys, you don’t have any other option as far as my knowledge.
    6. No there is no option for enabling the keys as they are enabled by default.
    7. Hope that helps.