Thread: The Walking Dead Game Graphics is stuttering

The Walking Dead Game Graphics is stuttering

I have purchased The Walking Dead Game yesterday and when I started playing the game then I found that there are a no of issues that are making the game unplayable, I have noticed that there was a jerk whenever the game was loading in to new scenes, I mean while the zombie cross the police car and so, the other walkers were showing up after killing the zombie but then the screen used to get frozen and was showing new frame after some seconds where as the audio was continuing, I have tried fixing out this issue by changing the graphic settings and resolutions but then they just did not made any difference, I have played Crysis, Bioshock, Fallout with max settings and I did not had any such issues with the same so I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the hardware in my case but then it is the game, I have already tried updating the Drivers, is there anyone who has been able to run the game smoothly, if yes then let me know the setting is being used.

Re: The Walking Dead Game Graphics is stuttering

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to ask you some questions, so just answer them so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you out with the same.
    • Are you having the game for the PC version or MAC ?
    • System specification in your case ?
    • Have you made sure that they are meeting up the minimum or the recommended requirements ?

I am asking you all these because even I have downloaded the PC version and I have not yet faced any such issues by now even after spending some good hours playing the game, my system specification are as followed:
    • Alienware m11x R1
    • Core2Duo 1.73Ghz
    • 8GB RAM
    • GeForce gt335m 1GB
    • 500GB Maxtor Momentus XT

You should check out the integrity of game cache as well if you have downloaded it from steam, just right click on the The Walking Dead and check out the Library if you are having latest and greatest cut of the game, if that’s not the case then make sure that you are having the latest graphics card drivers, if even that does not help then you can try out disabling any background processes which might be consuming the CPU, just make sure that you are closing the applications that might be carrying out real-time file scanning, you can check out for such programs/processes in the Task Manager if you are not that aware of what is running in your system. Just check out these things and then let me know what you get for further help.

I think that you are having similar case like that of mine, even I was facing the stuttering when playing The Walking Dead Game, I had tried out changing the game settings but then they were just not making any difference, even having the latest driver for the graphic card was not helping me out but then when I checked out after a solution for the same then I found one mentioning that turning off the shadows off completely is helping and I did the same and since then the game is running quite smoothly and I am not having the same issues, I have been running the game on max setting and it is running fine by now, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you in the same case or not, I think that it should but then better try it out and then let me know.

Yes changing the Shadows settings to LOW or turning off the shadows completely is helping out a lot of them in such issues, I have been playing TTG games and I just wanted to share that their latest release have been running in to such issues with shadow renderings, I had faced the same when I was playing Jurassic Park as well but then setting up the the Shadows settings to LOW had helped me out, if setting to low is not helping you out then you should better try out turning off the shadows off completely and after that I don’t think that there should be any issues as such, some officials have mentioned that this issue is just with the ATI/AMD video cards but then I have come across people having issues with EVGA and Nvidia video cards as well so I don’t think that this issue is just related with the ATI/AMD but then it is just that users having ATI/AMD video cards have reported this issue as a mass, the stuttering was happening mostly during the cut scenes in my case making the game unplayable which was really annoying but then turning low the shadows was a killer workaround in the end for me, I am now running the game hitch free, just try out the same and then let me know what response you are getting for this solution.

I agree you that this issue is just not with the ATI/AMD video cards users but the other as well, in my case I am having Nvidia GTX 570 and I was surprise to face the stuttering , it was not that bad as compared to the OP but then it was still irritating and annoying, there was quite noticeable stutter during certain events, some had mentioned that the audios was continuing when the stuttering was appearing but then in my case even the audio was chopping out slightly, considering the overall performance of the game was not that bad but then was certainly annoying as I have mentioned, I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game several times but then it was just not making any difference like other cases but then after turning off the shadows completely the game started running much smoother.

Even I have found turning the Shadows settings to LOW or turning off the shadows completely is helping but then if in case it is not helping out anyone then they can try out what I did, I just forced the anisotropic filtering to 8x by going in to the graphics driver control panel and then the game should be running smoothly, you will get a better texture as well, I am sure about this as I have tried it out myself, I have not yet tried out 2x,4x or 16x anisotropic filtering settings but then if you all want then you can try out the same as well, I wanted to add that even I have started playing this game recently and there was some lag in the woods where the zombies used to chase the fence but then neither turning off the shadows or setting it to LOW was helping, later after some trouble shooting I forced anisotropic filtering to 8x and since then the game didn't lag or got choppy, just try out the same and then let me know what response you all are getting with this.

I am having a decent gaming rig with a good graphics card and with a quad core along with 4 gigs of ram which should run the game without any issues but then when I started playing the game then it was having a lot of lag in the cut scenes and I had tried out the below solutions but then they did not made any difference.
    • Updating the graphic card to the latest.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
    • Changing all the possible graphical and resolution setting.
    • Turning off the off the shadows completely and turning the Shadows settings to LOW.

No matter what I was trying they were not helping and I was thinking that there was something wrong with the system in my case but then later someone suggested me to download the GameBooster, so I did the same and after installing it and running it had turned off enough unnecessary processes that were running in the background without my knowledge, I had tried checking them out in the task manager but then I was not able to make out which processes I have to end and I was getting pretty much confused but the later after running the GameBooster I did not had any lagging and stuttering issues and now like some of the above users even I am running a hitch free game.