Thread: Fortitude and Vitality Gems in Street Fighter X Tekken overpowered

Fortitude and Vitality Gems in Street Fighter X Tekken overpowered

I have played Street Fighter X Tekken for a week now and I realized that fortitude and the vitality gems are most overpowered as compared to the over Gems in this game. I don’t know if the power and the attributes get their values changed according to the difficulty level in the game. Does anyone else too feel that Fortitude and Vitality Gems have more power than others?

Re: Fortitude and Vitality Gems in Street Fighter X Tekken overpowered

I agree with the question, I think that Fortitude Gem is very powerful as compared to the other defensive Gems. The best part of the Fortitude Gem is that it absorbs 100% damage that is inflicted by the opponent. It means that if an opponent’s punch will be doing 250 damage then it will absorb all of it. This means that no damage is done to our character. It is almost equivalent to invulnerability. Other defensive Gems absorb around 80% of the damage. This isn’t effective as an professional player can even overcome this difficulty. The only drawback of Fortitude Gem is that it cannot absorb the damage that is inflicted by combo moves or attacks. Worst match happens when both the fighters have Fortitude Gem and both can’t hurt each other. All the attacks are negated by the gems used by the players.

Re: Fortitude and Vitality Gems in Street Fighter X Tekken overpowered

Even the Vitality gems makes it tough to beat the character using it. It doesn’t defend like the Fortitude Gem, but it regenerates the health of the character using it. It has capacity to regenerate the lost 60 to 80 health points that were lost in fight. The working of this gem doesn’t depend on the damage that has occurred to the character using it. It just keeps healing the lost health even if 40 HP will be lost. I think that is more effective than the fortitude Gem. Fortitude Gem cannot protect you from the combo attacks and powers. But Vitality gem can restore health loots due to any reason, be it combo attack or power.
    So I think that any player using combination of Fortitude and Vitality gem will be difficult to defeat and some high level skills will be needed to defeat him/her.