Thread: Not getting sound with Blades of Time

Not getting sound with Blades of Time

I am facing annoying problem with Blades of Time. When I installed Blades of Time game in my computer at that time I get error and later I come to know that my Logitech g35 headset was causing this problem. When I unplug my headset from my computer and then tried to launch it at that time It worked fine. Now the problem when I start Blades of Time at that time I don’t get sound. I have selected option in game and checked sound setting but all the sound settings are proper in Blades of Time. I have opened control panel and then selected sound option. Now after that I have right click on my speakers and set it as default device and then clicked on OK. But that does not make any difference. I have windows 7 operating system in my computer. If anyone have fixed this type of problem and then let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: Not getting sound with Blades of Time

I have tried to search solution on internet regarding sound issue in Blades of Time game and I have come to know there many users who are facing this problem. to solve this issue you have to change the value of “fmod_sound_enable:b= to” from yes to no in settings.blk file and after changing the value you have to start Blades of Time game again in your computer and then check whether you get sound or not? To change the value you have to open my computer and then go to C drive. In C drive you have to double click on the user folder. Now you will see appdata folder and you have to open that folder. After opening that folder you have to go to the local folder and double click on the Blades of Time. Now look for the settings.blk file and then you have to change the value from yes to no for “fmod_sound_enable:b= to”, after doing that you have to check whether you are getting sound or not? I hope after performing this steps you will get sound while playing Blades of Time game.

If above solution does not help you to solve this issue then you have to try to solve this problem by changing the audio sample rate. To do this you have to click on the start menu and then select control panel option. Now you have to click on sound. After clicking on the sound you have to click on playback tab. Select your speaker and then click on properties. Now speaker’s properties box will appear and you need to click on the advanced tab. You have to click on the sample rate drop down box and choose different sample rate. Now click on OK and after doing that you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? I am suggesting you this solution because I was also facing same problem with my computer and then I have tried this solution and my problem get solved.

I opened Blades of Time from appdata and then changed the value for the “fmod_sound_enable:b= to” from yes to no and then when I start playing this game in my computer at that time I didn’t get sound. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by changing the sample rate for the audio but after that does not make any sense. I have also tried to solve this problem by that does not make any difference. Uninstalling the Blades of Time game from my computer and installing it again does not make any difference. Please help me with this.

Perform below steps to resolve this problem and then let me know what the result is.
    • Open control panel.
    • Click on sound.
    • Select your speakers.
    • Now click on Configure button. (You need to make sure the audio device you are looking to configure is set as the default audio device)
    • Now you have to change the Audio Channels from there.
    • Click on Ok.

If after trying this solution also same problem is occurring then you need to open device manager first and then you have to look for your sound device and right click on it and select properties. After doing that you have to click on uninstall button from the properties window. After uninstalling the sound drivers you have to restart your computer. now you have to install sound drivers again in your computer and then start Blades of Time game again and then you need to check whether you get sound or not?

Well friends I have recently downloaded the Blades of Time game from steam and I have windows Vista operating system and Nvidia GT240 Graphics Card, Gigabyte motherboard, Intel core i5 processor, 4GB RAM and creative sound card. i like this game specially because of its graphics and but it has started giving me problem with sound. When I launch the Blades of Time game in my computer at that time it don’t get sound. I have tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the sound drivers for creative sound card from my computer and then running Ccleaner in my computer, now after that I have rebooted my PC and then installed creative sound drivers again in my computer but that does not solve this problem. I have opened steam and verified the integrity of game cache and then when I start Blades of Time game at that time also I get same problem.

Changing he sample rate from the sound setting and changing the different audio channel does not help me to solve this problem. is this problem with Blades of Time game or there is something wrong with my system?

After looking at your problem I will suggest you to download latest sound drivers from the official site of creative and then you have to uninstall old drivers from your computer and then restart it. After restarting the computer you have to install the sound drivers which you have downloaded from the creative official site. Once you finish with installing drivers you have to start Blades of Time game and then see what the result is. may be after updating the drivers your problem will get solved.