Thread: Realistic changes that can be applied in Street Fighter X Tekken for improvement

Realistic changes that can be applied in Street Fighter X Tekken for improvement

I have been playing Street Fighter X Tekken for some days now and I realized that the movements given to the characters is very illogical and also very much different from what it used to be in the previous games. For example, the jump of Bison seems to have more height than it had in previous versions of this game. I mean the built of Bison is so muscular, how one can expect him to jump so high. Also the speed of punches and kicks of many characters are so high that if done in reality can dislocate the bones from the joints. I think that developers must take a look at these details and make changes to it. Many of these changes look very funny; I mean a fat character moving his body so fast that it can match the movements of the slim and short character. What do other people think about it?

Re: Realistic changes that can be applied in Street Fighter X Tekken for improvement

Yes, in previous games of Street Fighter Balrog had anti-air cross-ups moves which are not present in this game. But the new feature that lets Balrog get up again after knocked out between fight is good. It is quicker than the previous versions. The dashing of Balrog also doesn’t look great in this game. It was much faster and more effective in the previous games; I think that this too needs to be improved by the developers. Also many characters from Tekken have health regeneration ability which also existed in original Tekken games. But if compared with the rate at which it regenerates, then this game has very low regeneration rate as compared to the original game. The super powers or moves when used, the game goes into cinematic view and then it continues to play. I think that this should also be removed as it breaks the flow of the game. Developers should understand that even the position of the character in the arena is important and cinematic view disturbs it. I don’t know about the Tekken, but many characters from Street Fighter can roll up to a very long distance. This wasn’t possible in the original game. I think that developers should also bring back some old characters like Yoshimitsu from Tekken. He looked so dangerous and was so powerful, he would easily be best fit for higher level Tier.

Re: Realistic changes that can be applied in Street Fighter X Tekken for improvement

I think that all characters should be provide with more than one super move and power. This would be really exciting as multiple powers will call for multiple evasion techniques. Multiple evasion techniques means more skills requirement. The sped of the overall game is very slow as compared to original Street Fighter and Tekken. I think that this is felt due to bigger arena and lesser powers. Also the blocking types like High, Mid and low should be eliminated. There should be just two blocking types, high and low. The game should be focused on attacking and not on the defensive part in it. Also the original Street Fighter and Tekken had just these two types of blocking tactics. Also in Street Fighter X Tekken, the clock continues to work when super power or move is used. In the original game, the clock stops during this period. The developers also need to change the music of this game. It seems like some crazy rock band has randomly beat the strings of guitar and the drums.

Regarding the characters, I think that developers need to work more on their behavior as many of them don’t match their original behaviors. Hwaorang in Tekken had a god like behavior. It felt like we are using a God to fight. But in Street Fighter X Tekken, his behavior looks very common. There is no feel of being powerful and that too most powerful in his stature. Also the developers of Street Fighter X Tekken have messed with the Ground Bounce limits of Hwaorang and throw range. The throw range of Hwaorang is shorter and les powerful than in original Tekken.

I don’t know if anybody has observed it or felt it. But on Single player mode on any difficulty level, I get a feeling that opponent’s moves generated by system are pre defined and repetitive. Most of the time in second round of the fight, it seems like opponent is using the same moves in same pattern that were seen in Round 1 of the fight. I can actually predict my opponent’s next move before he even executes it. The characters from Tekken have very bad air movements as compared to the original game. Also the walking speed of the characters is very slow. I think that it should be increased and the size of the arena should be reduced. It would keep the fighters close by and make the game faster. Also many characters like Bison have an awkward jumping arc. It seems like they have been affected by broken back in Mid-air. This should also be improved by the developers.
    The chain of moves that creates combos seems to be too fast in this game. I think that this should also be fixed. Many times it happens so that one gets more than deserved amount of combo due to this problem. Tekken had a function for bluff throws. I think that this ability should also be introduced in Street Fighter X Tekken too. It was useful to confuse the opponent with just a blank action of throwing an object towards them. Capcom should also introduce all the old characters that were meant just for some single part or are killed in some part. This will add more fun as fans from both Tekken and Street Fighter will get to enjoy them again.