Thread: Getting "Steam must be running to play this game" error with Blades of Time game

Getting "Steam must be running to play this game" error with Blades of Time game

In my computer I have downloaded and installed Blades of Time game from steam and after installing the game when I tried to launch the game at that time I get Steam must be running to play this game error message. I have tried to find the solution regarding this problem on internet and I come to know that due to firewall this type of problem can take place and that is why I have checked the firewall setting this but there was nothing wrong with the setting, I have turned off firewall setting in my computer but after doing that you also I was not able to launch this game. if there is anyone who have faced similar problem and have solution then let me now.

Re: Getting "Steam must be running to play this game" error with Blades of Time game

I think you are facing this problem because steam is in offline mode in your computer. You should open steam and then you go to Account menu and then make sure that it if not in offline mode. you need to also make sure that steam is up to date. If steam is not updated then you should first update it and then you need to turn off the steam completely and after that start it again and then you have to try to launch the game again. I hope with the help of this solution you will be able to troubleshoot the problem.

Re: Getting "Steam must be running to play this game" error with Blades of Time game

Many times this problem takes place if you have not activated the game with steam and that is why I will suggest you to first open Steam in your computer and then you have to go to the Library. After doing that you have to select games. Now click on Activate a product on Steam and then activate the game. After activating the game you have to try to start Blades of Time game and then check whether you get same error or not? if you have already activated the game then I will suggest you to go to open Steam and then go to the library. After doing that you have to right click on the Blades of Time game and then select properties. After selecting the properties you have to click on the local files tab and then click on the verify integrity of game cache. Now After it verifies the game cache you have to start steam again and then try to launch Blades of Time game again and see whether your problem get solved or not?

Steam is running online mode in my computer and I have also activated the game on steam. I have verified the integrity of the game cache and then I have start steam again in my computer and when I tried to launch Blades of Time game at that time I get same error. I have also tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the game from my system and I have installed that game again but problem does not get solved. is there anything wrong with steam or problem is with this game only?

I have solved this problem by deleting the clientregistry.blob file from steam installation location. You have to open my computer and then go to the Program Files folder. If you are using windows 64bit version then you need to open Program Files (x86) folder and then you have to open Steam folder. Now look for the clientregistry.blob file in steam folder and delete that. After deleting the clientregistry.blob file you have to close steam in your computer and open it again. After that start Blades of Time game in your computer and then you have to check whether you are getting "Steam must be running to play this game" error or not? According to me after deleting clientregistry.blob file your problem will get solved.

Yes deleting the clientregistry.blob file from steam folder will fix this problem. I was having same problem with left or dead game and then I have tried different solution to fix this problem but I was not able to get rid of this problem. Verifying the game cache didn’t make any difference. After that I have come to know that I need to delete clientregistry.blob file from steam installation directory and then I have tried that solution and then Blades of Time game started working properly.

If you are getting same error while starting Blades of Time game even after trying above solution then I think you should uninstall steam from your computer and then Ccleaner in your PC. After doing that you have to restart your computer and then install steam again and then you have to check whether you are getting same error or not?