Thread: Unable to play Blades of Time in full screen

Unable to play Blades of Time in full screen

I use to play many games in my computer and recently I have download Blades of Time game and installed it. During the installation process of this game I didn’t get any error but after completing the installation when I launched it at that time I get only audio and screen remains black. Now after that I have uninstalled Blades of Time game from my computer and then restarted my computer and then installed it again but I get same problem. When I try to play this game in window mode at that time I didn’t get any issue. In window mode when I start game at that time I get minor garbled audio. I have checked system requirement of the game on internet and my computer specification matches is with it also. In my computer I have Asus Maximus V GENE motherboard, nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphic card, 4GB RAM and Intel i5-2550k processor. It does not make any sense to play Blades of Time games in window mode even after having proper configuration. I am using windows 7 operating system in my computer. Is there any way to solve this problem please help me with it. Thank you in advance.

Re: Unable to play Blades of Time in full screen

I have read your problem related to full screen in Blades of Time game and first I will suggest you try basic steps to solve this problem. you should go to the official site of the nvidia and then select download drivers. Now you have to click on the Product Type dropdown and choose your product then choose series of product and select operating system which you have in your computer. now after that you have to click on search and then download the drivers. After downloading it you should uninstall previously drivers from your computer and reboot it. Now install new drivers which you have downloaded and then try to play Blades of Time game in full screen and check whether you get same issue or not? According to me after updating the graphic card drivers in your computer you will not face any problem while playing Blades of Time game in full screen.

Hello friends I have also installed this game from steam but it’s disappointing that game does not work in full screen. My computer specification matches with the system requirements of the game so that is not issue. I have reinstalled game and graphic drivers also in my computer but that does not make any difference. I have also tried to solve this problem by downloading the latest graphic drivers from internet for my ATI graphic card and then installing it in my computer but after doing that also same problem was occurring.

I have also opened steam in my computer and then verified integrity of game cache and then when I tried to start Blades of Time game in my computer at that time I get same problem. what should I do to run this game in full screen? Thank you in advance.

According to me you should open Blades of Time game in the window mode and then you have to go to the graphic settings of the game and from there you have to change screen resolution and after changing the screen resolution you should press Alt + Enter key to switch full screen and then see whether you get same problem or not? I am suggesting you this solution because after installing the Blades of Time game in my computer I was having same problem and then I have tried this solution and my problem get solved. You have to also make sure that in Nvidia control panel game is set to use Nvidia graphics because if game is using onboard graphics then also this type of problem can take place.

I have open game in window mode and then change the resolution and then when I switch to full screen at that time also I get same problem. Now after that I have update the graphic drivers in my computer and then restart the computer. when I start Blades of Time game in full screen at that time it worked but I get black border on the sides of the picture. It looks like game aspect ratio is wrong. I don’t know why it utilize whole screen. Is there something I am missing? i would also like to know solution regarding audio issue in game menu. Please help me out.

As far as audio issue Is concerned you need to open my computer and then go to the user folder from the C drive. Now select appdata folder and go to the local folder. In local folder you will see blades of time directory. Open blades of time folder and double click on settings.blk. Now you need to disable fmod audio and then you will not face audio issue with this game. Try this steps and then let me know what the result is.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    I have open game in window mode and then change the resolution and then when I switch to full screen at that time also I get same problem. Now after that I have update the graphic drivers in my computer and then restart the computer. when I start Blades of Time game in full screen at that time it worked but I get black border on the sides of the picture. It looks like game aspect ratio is wrong. I don’t know why it utilize whole screen. Is there something I am missing? i would also like to know solution regarding audio issue in game menu. Please help me out.
    If you have selected “Use my display’s build-in setting” in Nvidia control panel then this type of problem can take place. to resolve this problem you have to open Nvidia control panel and then expand display option from the left pane. Now select change flat panel scaling option. After that you have to click on “Use Nvidia scaling” option under “When using a resolution lower then my displays native resolution’ and then start Blades of Time game and see whether it helps to solve this problem or not?

I totally agree with above solution. Selecting the Use Nvidia scaling option from change flat panel scaling in Nvidia control panel will solve this problem. I was also having similar problem and then I have tried this solution and then my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and then your problem will get solved.