Thread: Risen 2: Dark Waters giving low framerate when played on Crossfire

Risen 2: Dark Waters giving low framerate when played on Crossfire

I have two AMD Radeon 6970 in my computer which are on Crossfire mode. I installed Risen 2: Dark Waters on my computer and started playing. On high settings, the game would start lagging. So I reduced the graphic details to medium settings. But the game still lagged. The framerate that was being displayed while plain the game was around 20 to 30 fps. Can someone tell me why this is happening? How do I make the game run on Crossfire mode with good amount of framerate?

Re: Risen 2: Dark Waters giving low framerate when played on Crossfire

The problem is not with the high quality of the graphics of the game, nor the hardware present in your computer. The problem is that Risen 2: Dark Waters isn’t properly supported by Crossfire mode on AMD graphic cards. You will need to play this game with crossfire disabled for proper output. This is a well known issue and has been brought under notice of AMD and developers of Risen 2: Dark Waters. I think that one of them should release a path that will solve this problem.

Risen 2: Dark Waters giving low framerate when played on Crossfire

yep dude ,

If you want use your crossfire with a 60 fps rockstable with V-sync...Just install radeon pro and force crysis profile , In "tweaks / Crossfire tweaks / Force crossfire profil " I think if you use the crappy profil of AMD , you can replace "risen2.exe" by crysis.exe, i think it's work too...

There just a little issue sometimes when you load certains places , you need to do alt+tab to re enable the crossfire without trouble...
    With a 6950 + 6970 i have my 60 fps , except under a waterfall .. 55 ^^

If someone find a better profil .... good

With radeon pro , you can force the crysis profil .. in "tweaks / CrossfireX tweaks / Forcecrossfire profile .."

With that you can have 60 fps rockstable with crossfire enabled..
    Just sometimes a little issue when you load certains places , the game loose the crossfire .. but just with a little alt+tab you can recover the crossfire and the 60 FPS or more if you don't use the Vsync...

If you use the crappy AMD profile .. you can rename the risen2.exe with a crysis.exe .. i think it's work like "force profile"