Thread: Improper mouse sensitivity in Risen 2: Dark Waters

Improper mouse sensitivity in Risen 2: Dark Waters

I just downloaded Risen 2: Dark Waters from Steam and started playing it. I have kept the control settings of my game to default. After playing for some time, I realized that mouse sensitivity was not proper in this game. Moving the pointer sideways worked normally. But when moving up and down, the mouse seemed stiff and I am having problem moving it. It seems like that up and down movements are half the sped of mouse movements in sideways. I changed the sensitivity settings for horizontal and vertical movements, but nothing helped. Can someone tell me what I can do?

Re: Improper mouse sensitivity in Risen 2: Dark Waters

This is a known issue in this game and many people have complained about it. You can change the mouse sensitivity from the game settings as well as from control panel, but it won’t help much and still you will notice the difference in smoothness. The ratio of horizontal and vertical smoothness is 1:3 for Risen 2: Dark Waters. It means that if dragging mouse for 5 centimeters horizontally will move it 30 centimeters on screen, then in vertical movement, dragging mouse for 5 cm vertically will move it 10 cm on screen.

You will need to edit this setting from the configuration file in the game’s system files. You must be logged in the computer as an administrator to perform this, go at C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\risen 2. There you must find %AppData%\Local\Config\ConfigUser.xml, the ConfigDefault.xml to get the configuration file for Risen 2: Dark Waters. In this file you will need to change values of SensitivityX and SensitivityY. You need to set the values as SensitivityX="1.0f" and SensitivityY="0.33f". This will maintain the 1:3 ratios as well as sort out the problem of improper mouse sensitivity in risen 2: Dark Waters.

I am having this issue on Metal Gear rising Revengeance. I had installed this game in my system. And it works really well, but somehow I am not able to play it properly. To be frank this game has the worst mouse sensitivity. It moves so slowly and till that time the enemies are fast enough to attack. I don't understand whether the issue lies with my mobile phone or it is associated with the game. I had tried checking everything inside the settings, but there is nothing I can see. I am having a basic mouse on default settings.

Under Option in the game menu you can simply try to keep the sensitivity to maximum. Then try to play back. If you can get a good gaming mouse then things are more simple on it. This gaming mouse comes loaded with DPI buttons. You can press them to increase and decrease the sensitivity. There are certain budget mouse available in the market that you can simply use for gaming. There is one tool you can try if you still want to use your existing software. You can use SteerMouse. This is a nice program through which you can manage and control different mouse sensitivity.