Thread: Respawning Infected Liars and Military bases in Prototype 2

Respawning Infected Liars and Military bases in Prototype 2

I am playing Prototype 2 and while roaming around the city, I found an infected Liar. I entered it to destroy and gain the mutation that it will provide. I was fighting the infected beasts and at a point, they drained my health to almost zero. I quickly escaped the Liar in order to save myself. I came back into the city and regained my health. I also got an rocket launcher from military base and entered the Infected Liar. This time when I entered all the infected creatures in that Liar had again respawned. I can’t understand, I mean I had destroyed half of it before exiting and now all the monsters were back. I had to fight all of them again only to quit the fight again in between. I again thought of giving it another try and again went to the nearby military base which I had attacked before for rocket Launcher. To my amazement, the military base had again become normal as it is before attack. I mean, I destroyed vehicles and tanks there some five to ten minutes ago and now it is back to normal as if nothing has happened; this is weird. Did anyone else to notice it?

Re: Respawning Infected Liars and Military bases in Prototype 2

Yes, I know that if you destroy a military base and after some five minutes if you return to the same location, then it is again restored back to normal. This is done by the developers to maintain the strength of military in the city. If it was possible to completely destroy every military base in the city, then one would destroy all of them in the beginning and then there would be no military to fight with. This would disturb the balance of the game and the units that should be present at a time. Some bases can be completely destroyed if the mission demands or some event requires. But most of the other bases cannot be destroyed.

Re: Respawning Infected Liars and Military bases in Prototype 2

If you are attacking the Infected Liars, then you have to finish it for once. You cannot leave it incomplete and then again return to destroy the remaining ones. According to the concept, once you stop attacking the Infected Liar, more monsters come in to protect it. It is their breeding place and they will try to protect it as much as possible. If you are unable to destroy it, then you must not have enough mutation upgrades to fight them. I suggest that you wait for some time, play some mission and collect blackboxes to increase the mutation points. Once you get good amount of mutation, then you can attack the infected Liars.