Thread: When Logitech g35 is set to default audio at that time Risen 2: Dark Waters does not start

When Logitech g35 is set to default audio at that time Risen 2: Dark Waters does not start

In my computer I have windows 7 operating system and I have installed Risen 2: Dark Waters game. I am facing problem when I try to play game with Logitech g35 headsets. When I set my speaker as default audio device at that time Risen 2: Dark Waters game works fine but when I set Logitech g35 headsets as default audio device and try to launch this game at that time it does not starts. I don’t know what is causing this problem. if anyone have solution regarding this then let me know.

Re: When Logitech g35 is set to default audio at that time Risen 2: Dark Waters does not start

You should click on start menu and then you have to type device manger in search box and press enter. After doing that you have to look for the Logitech G35 under sound device in device manger and then right click on it. Select uninstall and reboot your system. Now when your computer starts again you have to connect your Logitech G35 headsets again and then system will detect the device and install the drivers. After doing that start Risen 2: Dark Waters game and see whether it makes any different or not? In your computer are you facing this problem with Risen 2: Dark Waters game or with other games also same problem occurs? if this problem occurs with Risen 2: Dark Waters game then may be it will get resolved with next patch because this type of problems occurs with some games and after applying parch it get resolved. You have to also try to solve this problem by setting the channels to 6.1 for your headset and then check whether it can make any different or not?

Re: When Logitech g35 is set to default audio at that time Risen 2: Dark Waters does not start

There is witch for enabling and disabling Dolby on Logitech g35 headsets. You should switch off the Dolby option and then check whether Risen 2: Dark Waters game works properly or not? if after doing this also if you get same problem while using Logitech g35 headset with this game then you should click on start menu and after that you have to open control panel from there. In control panel you have to select hardware and sound option. Now click on sound and then go to the playback tab in sound window. Now you have to click on the audio device which you want to use and select configure option which you will find on bottom left side. After doing that you have to change the number of speaker and then click on Ok button and check whether it makes any different or not? According to me after trying this trick when you start Risen 2: Dark Waters game at that time it will work fine.

Thank you for providing me solution. I have lower the channel for my Logitech g35 headset but that does not make and different and also removed drivers and installed it again but didn’t get any help. i have uninstalled Risen 2: Dark Waters game from my computer and then installed ir again but after doing that also I was getting same problem. When I switch off the Dolby on Logitech g35 headsets and tried to play game at that time I didn’t get any issue. now only problem which I am facing is while some times when I exit from the game and start game after some time at that time Logitech g35 headsets does not work and I have to disconnect the headsets from my system and then connect it again and then it works fine.

I have tried to solve this problem by connecting the Logitech g35 headsets with different USB port but after also I get same issue. when I connect my Logitech g35 headsets with other computer at that time I don’t face any problem. how can get rid of this problem?

it looks like this problem is occurring because of the USB power management setting. You should open device manger and then right click on your Logitech g35 headsets and go to the properties. Select power management tab there and then you have to make sure that “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” is no ticked. I was also having similar problem with Logitech G930 headset and then I have first thought that problem is with the USB drivers but after reinstalling the USB drivers also I was facing same problem and then I have unchecked “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option from USB power management and then my problem get solved.

After looking at your solution I have open device manager and then select properties for Logitech g35 headsets and unchecked Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option from power management tab and after doing that my problem get solved. Now all the things are working like charm. Thanks for the help.