Thread: Dual Blades in Prototype 2

Dual Blades in Prototype 2

I am playing Prototype 2 and I have also Prototype. The best power that was available in this game according to me is the Blade. I wanted to know if there is any upgrade or evolution in Prototype 2 that will let our character have Dual Blades, I mean like Illidan Stormrage has in Warcraft series. It would be really awesome to chop and slash the enemies using dual blades. Has anybody who has reached in the further levels of game or has completed the game can tell me about this?

Re: Dual Blades in Prototype 2

Blade is an offensive power acquired by both Alex Mercer and James Heller. It is a dual sided blade which seems to be attached to the outer forearm of Both Mercer and Heller. This power is useful when fighting against the human soldiers, infected monsters as well as vehicles. It does a large amount of damage when used in closed combat.

The moves that can be done using this blade are,
    1) Air Blade Slice, in which the character jumps up in the air and spins to add force to the blade. He lands on the enemy to slice through him. It can kill non-boss organic enemies in almost two hits.
    2) Blade Frenzy, when used this move, the character does a series of quick slicing movements and running up to a certain distance. Anybody coming in contact of this move gets sliced immediately.
    3) Blade Running Frenzy, It is similar to Blade Frenzy but the only difference among them is that, this power doesn’t include much movement of blade. Alex Mercer and James Heller both hold the blade in front of their body and run in full speed. Everything coming in their path goes on slicing.

There is no upgrade or evolution for the blade that can provide dual blades. I know that it will look cool and will do a good amount of damage. But if thought over it practically, then it will become difficult for the character to move around. Character will face more difficulty while climbing buildings and doing parkour in short spaces.