Thread: How does the Ship navigation mechanics works in Risen 2: Dark Waters

How does the Ship navigation mechanics works in Risen 2: Dark Waters

Hi guys

How many of you have played this game , just watched the game trailer and like to tell you that the game is really nice and the graphic is immense, I really like it , this one will be on my list . hey, is it true that the Risen 2 do not going to have the ship to ship combat. Is that true because in case that is truth then it will be really very disappointing as this game is based on the pirate and the fact that the pirate will attack other ship, pillage towns and go looking for the buried treasures. Also can anyone tell me that if this game has the there different models of ship for each pirate captain that will be really nice . With that been said I need to kwon how will the navigation mechanics work, well I have read that after some quest you can get your own ship . will this gonna have the open world where it will be possible you can sail everywhere on the Map or is it all to be instances and cinematic. Is there any one here can answer this question as ther e si not much information about this on the web and I really need to know that , I will be thankful for the reply ..

Re: How does the Ship navigation mechanics works in Risen 2: Dark Waters

Well as far as I know the game will have the only cinematic. That mean there will be no ship battle this might be really disappointing for the few people as they will be like you expected the ship battle being the game is based on the pirates. “this game is the RPG so it will be hard for the developer of the game to implement such a big task of naval battle action”. That what I read somewhere on the web , but even I am disappointed by this . seriously I don’t understand that why there is no ship battles or ship mechanic in a PIRATE RPG. That really very hard to believe . if this game can be made as pirate RPG then there will be no reason that I can see to remove such a great feature in the game . just other day when I saw the trailer , I was so excited about the game, seeing all the ship and the great water physics in the trailer of the game i was think the fun that I will going to get when I was going to buy this game and get my own ship , explore the sea and fight the other captain and their ship , but now knowing that the game did not includes the ship battles to a pirate RPG Skies of Arcadia, for the Dream Cast was a Sky Pirate RPG and had 100s of hrs in it and SHIP battles. This is the Pirate RPG , I still can’t believe that they can’t figure it out.

Well now I am considering to cancel my preorder , seriously I don’t understand that how can they be called the pirates of they have no ship battles in a pirate RPG. They are everything other then the pirates .Not without ship battles all they need I s the basic movement for the ship, like the F,B,L,R and perhaps a the firing canon key so that pirates can hit off the long distance battles, after that a interact option so that the pirate can engage in ship battles among crews of both ships at the time when the ship will be close enough to each other ! perhaps should have the choice to upgrade ship thru taking over another's ship. This seems to hard for them I can believe that ? well I am not asking for the simulation of making the whole thing that can be work on a deck and wind pressure stuff like that , but ship battles are very important to pirates. This is not the complete game as the no ship battles and on top of that the animation in the game is even more terrible . this is not the full priced game, this is the under game frankly. I will definitely will cancel my preorder of this , the fact that you are the pirate and you have to fight in the sea which this game don’t have .