Thread: Opinion about copy protection system for risen 2 dark waters

Opinion about copy protection system for risen 2 dark waters

Hello friends, I would like to know that what you people think about copy protection system which developer have set it for risen 2 dark waters game, well I have visited official website where developer have told some about copy protection system for risen 2 dark waters game, such that. They know that this thing is a problem and also they wanted to take this opportunity to be see-through and inform all the fans. It was being mentioned somewhere else that, they have estimate on a regular basis, which copy protection systems are exist on the market for this one. As a gaming publisher, they need to have a number of basic requirements from a copy protection system: need to have security which the copy must offer a high degree of safety for the players and for the manufacturer. Even need to have compatibility such that technology protection should also be well-matched with all major hardware gears on the market. Also the comfort, such that the copy protection is to give players even superior value and not only protect the game. It should also need to support the technology must allow us as a manufacturer, to help players quickly and easily. It also to be reliability to game then solution must be making use for over the years with many other products and have proven to be stable. Even they have cautiously examined various solutions and for this game and also opted for the Valve's Steam platform. So what you people have to say about it. Thank you.

Re: Opinion about copy protection system for risen 2 dark waters

I would like to tell the reason about that, as Steam recommends an automatic update system that mechanically conveys the late fixes to all buyers. In the game that you wish, when Risen2 updates are ready they automatically approached your PC. The system is stable and has shown itself with many players, so having the reliability that we require. Those who buy the Risen 2 game in the Steam store don't require a second copy protection as it was awhile ago the case with Risen 1 and Tages. Once someone has acquired the recreation, he is not subject to the DVD to play Risen 2 in unexpected areas or on distinctive computers, because it is archived in his Steam account and is unfailingly good to go for download. With the discretionary Steam Watch, the records themselves end up being safer. Moreover the Steam Group offers a considerable number of trade offers: anybody can talk with the different Risen 2 players, make investment gathers, contrast fulfillments and transfer up with 1000 screen shots, sharing them to alternate players. So much has influenced us to put Risen 2 on Steam. Obviously we moreover would like to keep to the least the confinements consorted with your bought copy. You will just go within the web based world when you begin Risen 2 for the first time to associate to your Steam record. Then you are able to play logged off and altogether without DVD. With your Steam record, you are able to establish Risen 2 on as a considerable number of PCs as you like.

I create a single game because of a steam acc I have never before UDN will then never need again, and still am compelled to Valve support what I against mine data to Valve go out, I really do not want that because I do not trust any more than Sony. Remember hacking scandal? in 10 years and I still like to gamble Risen 2 who wants to steam long ago is bankrupt again Steam features (anonymous) data from SP games on (playing time, length, difficulty level), unless the user has an option to disable this feature. After which I remember this reason. Serious allegations against Steam, the digital games distribution platform from Valve, have expressed the boss of developer Gearbox Studios. Randy Pitchford not trusts the distribution channel - and he thinks little of similar efforts made by Microsoft. "Valve uses a lot of people out in a way that simply is not okay. Valve takes a larger share, would be justified for the offered service. They exploit many of the small companies," said Randy Pitchford, CEO of development studio Gearbox, in an Interview with the U.S. site Maximumpc on to Valve.

I at present have steam so it`s no major ordeal and I am able to appreciate every last trace of the small perks, but I know a large number of gamers who cannot utilize steam. You preferred combine this info in colossal capital letters on the container and any advanced circulation posts or you are determined to appropriate a ton of enraged presents about being compelled on institute the steam client. Unequivocally take a gander at the posts on the Dungeon Siege 3 right around the release date. You have quite an impressive devoted fan base I don`t see why you can`t accompany CDProjekts sample and discharge it DRM free.

They are in addition loyal fans as opposed to the different sorts of fans such as impulse, discount, wandering. Since they lose N copy bargains from one side and win N++ copies from the alternate, they are still monetarily beneficiary for the short term. For the lifelong, it is less clear as by definition drive, rebate, meandering purchasers are moreover more volatile. I am far from being an expert of copy secturity, but what I peruse influenced me that it won't anticipate theft and that there are alternate choices that might be more powerful at any rate to put off the day the privateer copies can be good to go. So I am now considering in case it is not rather an unadulterated budgetary goal. E.g. it forestalls the DVD boxes to be resold or give a few times; it may get ready the business to just have dematerialized copies.

I buy on principle no (offline) the game requires an online registration. I have no desire to take unnecessary Internet connections phone where ever home games. Steam I do not support already from the above data protection reasons. Even an einmale registration can I find a game purely offline registration too much. I'd rather have a DVD in the drive as I have any data that I will not give prices on the Internet. I hope that DS is up to release yet considered an alternative. If the copy protection should not change anything, Risen 2 after 10 years is the first game of the PB I will not buy me.

We could make it better (Risen) but even worse (Ubisoft)! Actually, I think nothing of steam, etc., the one-time Internet connection; however, I can just accept it. About the data collection I'm making rather less concerned with me because Windows by default and is not so in the Internet (yes this is because Linux). So if I understood everything correctly, I must have Window allows only one Internet and can be comfortably gambling anywhere, anytime. I would, however, already offers if after some time (can be from 5 + years of me) a patch to disable the steam comes protection for such firms; it is not impossible that they will someday collapse (and if Risen 2 is well-wishes I also still play in 20 years).

Steam is in terms of copy with me a special niche. DVD-query startup or no copy protection would of course be better, but things like online activation or even as the rubbish Ubilauncher are much worse. I've always said "sewing, Steam is not me on the computer." Since that time, but Portal was free and I wanted to play like this, I was forced to install Steam. And what can I say? It was not as bad as I thought. Meanwhile, I have 19 games on Steam, but all of them purchased for very little money in the Steam deal, the most expensive which cost just 10 €. At full price games I've been avoiding steam. Well Risen 2 comes with steam pressure. For one thing, Steam is really great (a lot, good games, good comfort, automatic updates, friends list, etc.) On the other hand, I've found it a disadvantage that you cannot resell the games and that there is virtually an on duty. That does not bother me personally with the online requirement is not in a way, however, sees the other again very different. Steam offers an offline mode though, but it is sometimes more before that we still cannot start Steam offline. * Sounding * error message. "Could not connect to Steam to be made." Click on "start off". Sounding error message. Well, to be absolutely great, so online. The fact that the games can also sell, disturbs me about the games, not cheap, looks at full-price titles all but been different from, and regardless of my games that I not continue to sell anyway. Just the feeling of the game have not at all correct, no Internet to run safe, play it cannot all statistical surveys and are too much. And since I prefer the draw a line. Steam well and well, but not exceeding 10 €. I cannot wait, even on second Risen.

About safety and the players. I've already read and how often in the private sector own the Steam account was hacked or stolen accounts even have people from Kids. A game copy protection without such can never be stolen or hacked, but one with this copy protection. Of roofs, the safety aspect, the customer draws clearly the ass card. So it provides the publisher 0% security. As far as I know yes risen II has no multiplayer, wish you should buy it there originally as consuming copier? Even Steam games usually appear 1-2 days or even on RELEASETAG then cracked download page on every illegal. Re-draws the shorter the honest customer. I think it scares you more customers than it wins.