Thread: First impression of Blade of Times

First impression of Blade of Times

Hello friends, I would like to share thoughts about Blade of Times, I think that plenty of people have played this game and might be liking it, but there is hardly anyone who is telling good points about this game, I have seen that each one is pointing out the problems in the game. So I would like to start with impressions about this game, I have played and founded that gameplay of this one is really nice. I have not found any problem with mouse/keyboard controls it is working very much well for me especially for this type of game. Whenever I am playing such type of game then I need to use gamepad, which is really comfortable to play it, but I have not found it in this one. The combat which are there are really fast. There are some minor platforming elements which are just filler till now. You will be able to find some treasure hunter which is being pointed by compass to the chest. If you really like to complete it then it will not be boring at all, according to me. I really like the time mechanic which is very much fun. The reason to like is that enemy AI seems to priorities your latest self and your clones will be often end up shooting or slashing in thin air just because the enemy which you were attacking when you have record them has wandered off to attack on to you in different manner. It appears to be a wide variety of enemies but till now there are been named as fast, standard, and flying. There are really some of better boss and also fights with them is really decent according to me. But it is not the same thing which I use to feel when I was playing God of War. This is what I feel about the game, what you people have to say about it. Thank you.

Re: First impression of Blade of Times

I do agree with point you have pointed out about this game, but I am having some complaints relegated to this game, first thing is that combat is very much easy to fight till now, such that there will be a vary in mileage, this was thing which I have observed it. Actually there are two types of difficulties in game, such that hard is locked, it gets unlocked till the time you have completed the campaign. I really like the graphics of the game; such that it is having a very cool is design which is running easily on middle or high end computers. Really like the different type of color palette, but this game is not being most demanding or spectacular game in market till now but I feel that is very much nice. I would like to add some more details about combat that enemies cannot be torn apart for the most part and when you are cutting all of them with your sword then it feels a more visceral such that you were able to send some of limbs/heads flying off. The sounds which are being added in game is really good and satisfying and music which is added is not really amazing which I was expecting to have it. I am finding problem with story, such that it not at all good, how much I have played it. There are couples of things in game which I feel it to be silly, such as Bland, lacks character, inconsistent tone, and many other things. I really not like the Dragonland world, I feel that it can be done little better and I would suggest that to remove cutscenes and stick with the fairly enjoyable gameplay.

I would like to tell that Konami have given as given a good game to us, which is really a good action adventure almost role play game. It is a third person shooting game which is having an un-named girl as she flings her huge blades here and there, it also kills enemy where it hurts and thinking that it is being double in number, if it not three time then her size to be very much like a achievement. If you have played demo version of this game then it pushes straight on to gamplay, as there is no story due to which you will be not having any idea what your heroine is trying to do and what is her purpose in game. The settings of this game made me think that I am playing Tomb Raider game. Such that Ivy covered thick looking solid grey walls which are taking towards your beefy enemy then a quick cutscene which is tells that fighting is being started and after that you’re left to defend you. Which is very much easy anyhow I have die couple of times as I was getting use of the controls. Even you are having a massive blade and also an evil kick by which you are able to get a gun, which is not normal for me. It is being activated just by pressing R3, aiming with L2 and firing with R2. When I was trying to do it then it might be difficult to do it, but I have founded to be easier and was able to run over and use my blade.

Even there are some of hidden bombs in that ground, when you are going for that then you are getting killed for time, but as you are able to learn the bombs which are placed then you are able to destroy it with help of your gun. Even you are getting alter which describe you about some special power, which leaves me little lost as alter was giving me instruction, how to use the powers and also there is another set to retrieve powers back. Once you have collected the powers then you are being thrown to arena where there is one more character which is just a voice which tells you need to practice your new skills. It appears to be simple enough till the time instructions tells you to hold & release the O and after that press ☐.You can try it, as I was not able to get the power to work, it has happened to work for me two times that also due to accident. There is one more thing that you are plumped back into the grey-walled world where to have to find out more some more enemies and this time it is flying. There is one more set of complicated button moves to focus, grab, kill and move onto next enemy, and this position I have to stop. It is really complicated and I have not find anything for lead characters, as I do not know anything about story of the girl which do not want to fight for herself. The graphics of game are fine but there is nothing which seems to be interesting. I have talk about PS2 console version.

I would like to tell that Blades of Times are being the spiritual successor to Gaijin Entertainment’s which is being disappointing last entry into the hack-n-slash genre, X-Blades. There is one same character in game, such that Ayumi which is making an appearance in both games but in this one she appears to be like as she was giving a complete makeover. Whereas the Plaguing Dragonland being the chaos which is spread on its own across the entire island and it was gone to Ayumi so that it can restore order to mysterious and dangerous land. Well as the game starts then Guild master is doing the preparation of sending the specially chosen treasure hunters to Dragonland with the help of special portal. Whereas Ayumi and her partner Zero are being crash the party and just pass away the portal by them so that they can claim all of the vast riches and glory that they are told are awaiting in Dragonland. When you are on other side then Ayumi is being separated from Zero and on her own, with that it is not stopping her from taking herself throughout the whole game. I mean to say that she will be chatting away where she is at present, such that what she is see and what she wants to have it, and many more things.

Even the combat system which revolves around the dual blades, such that Ayumi is having them all the time and also she is able to find new blades so that she is able to find hidden treasure chests with that. Those blades are also having different stats such that it is having power that it can add anything to it as an additional power for ice attacks and also for fire attacks. If you look over there then arsenal is being a ranged weapon which is able to change at any particular time that too with different ones which is founded during the game. When you are using range attacks then Ayumi is being forced to stand still and if there is any attack then she will flying to the ground. Even Ayumi is having capabilities to perform different magic spells from ice and also fire so that it can create earthquakes. Even those can be used as you have filled up the bar by attacking enemies and also by performing combos, which is seen in different levels to each of them as waiting for them so that bar are being maxed fully and will be able to use higher-level attack which will be causing greatest destruction. Even mixing standard blade attacks with magic spells then keeps combat feeling too one-dimensional.