Thread: Radnet is a big upset in Prototype 2

Radnet is a big upset in Prototype 2

When I was going to get this game at that time I had some big expectations in my mind about this game I was thinking that this game would be a interesting thing to watch out for all the people and also I loved the concept of the radnet. That’s the main reason why I had the game pre ordered. I was thinking that radnet will involve all the events and challenges in it which will keep us hooked up in this game throughout the year. If you all have played the first part of prototype then you would have got to know that there were side missions in each and every part of the game by which we can continue playing it once our level was over. They were a side missions leaving behind the real achievements of the game but my bad luck in my case it did not turn out to be the same. you know what f you have got the game then you should start participate in the Radnet right from the day one. If you think that they are seasonal missions which will come after 2-3 days of the main mission then you are probably wrong. You would be missing out the Radnet part. Now I am just cursing myself as if why I went ahead and got the game so early. I could have waited for sometime and would allow all the events to be made available in the game, then play it. I could have easily achieved all the achievements and didn’t even worry about the events as well. So anyways have being ordered the game I am just playing it daily for an hour or so to enjoy it.

Re: Radnet is a big upset in Prototype 2

See first of all Radnet content is made available to those users only who order the copies just after the game is released. It is not made available for those who order the game after some weeks of its release. You should curse yourself that you lost a brilliant opportunity to play with the radnet. Well you haven’t done research from your side on this. if you could have asked us then we could have told you about the radnet in prototype but you yourself did not bother to know about it hence that’s why you are paying the price for it. as far as I know there isn’t any such kind of side events in the game with which we can play in prototype 2, like the prototype 1 had. So don’t try to convince yourself saying that the game is at the fault. In fact you should blame yourself for this. I hope this is a pretty clear message to you. do understand it.

In one of the interviews that I read recently I read a gentleman from radical entertainment saying that they are planning to release the radnet for the later customers as well in the form of DLC. So those who are planning to buy the game later will be getting an opportunity to play the radnet content by paying some money with it. Those who had got the game earlier by pre ordering it then they will be getting the radnet content for free, isn’t it an interesting story for all you guys.

Dude better lookout for what are you talking over here you are telling me that I am at the fault because I didn’t do enough research on my side. I don’t think so you haven’t got any game on the first day itself and felt proud to own it. You haven’t done that, that’s why you are speaking it that way. Well let me explain you clearly in case if you haven’t understood. I have paid around 45$ to get the game and went ahead to play it. On getting to know that radnet should be activated after the day one was a disappointing. Now from where on the earth would I have got to know about this, had this publishers or the developers made such kind of announcements? No they didn’t. so from where should I have made any kind of research. I am getting pissed off by getting the game on the first and I would be getting half the thing to play as compared to the people who will be playing all the levels by buying it in the later stages when the DLC would be out. And now one guy is coming up and saying that radnet will be made available for the DLC as well, what kind of news is this. this is really a big setback for me and like me many other gamers who believe in playing the game on the day one of its release. So this kind of stuff should be thought properly by the developers or the publishers who are involved with it. Otherwise they would end up losing some good gamers in the process and the loss would be their owns.

Don’t you all think this strategy would be followed by a lots of developers outside as well. This is some smart thinking done by the activision people to increase their sales of their used games but I fer if that would be affecting their sales or not? Yes they are doing it to increase the sales of the user games as well as the real games but what about the death of the real gamers. Don’t you think if they continue to implement the same idea then it would be affecting the Real gamers who buy the real games the day when they are released. Once they play it they throw it off. This is a real concern for me. I just wonder what other publishers of this game would be reacting on this as if like what do they plan to do if a big player like activision plan to do? What are your thoughts on this? may I get some replies from you all.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mcgrath View Post
    Don’t you all think this strategy would be followed by a lots of developers outside as well. This is some smart thinking done by the activision people to increase their sales of their used games but I fer if that would be affecting their sales or not? Yes they are doing it to increase the sales of the user games as well as the real games but what about the death of the real gamers. Don’t you think if they continue to implement the same idea then it would be affecting the Real gamers who buy the real games the day when they are released. Once they play it they throw it off. This is a real concern for me. I just wonder what other publishers of this game would be reacting on this as if like what do they plan to do if a big player like activision plan to do? What are your thoughts on this? may I get some replies from you all.
    See first of all don’t claim activision as a big player in this industry there are many like sega and EA. They are quite good companies and not as cheap s the activision. First of all look at the strategy which they have implemented. It was like I was blown away by this. what they want is a death of real gamers? If that is the case then let them continue and they would see the results soon.

There are normally two types of gamers and they are
    1) Real gamers
    2) Used gamers

Real gamers wait for the game to be released and gets a new copy of the game while the same is not the case with the used gamers they get the used games and play with it. Now the one to be held responsible for such kind of attribute are the used gamers as well as the developers. People who play this games should ensure that they get a copy directly from the manufacturer and the developers or the publishers should ensure that they don’t promote such kind of activities. Expecting companies like activision and capcom to do these is simply un expectable. However I don’t think so it is a good idea from them because till how much would they be cashing on the used games. I don’t think so such kind of strategies would be helping them out. No not at all. People as a responsible citizen should go ahead and buy the original one and don’t support the pirated copies with this way they would be definitely be making some changes that’s for sure. So just chill out guys this implementation from activision wont last much as far as I know. Rest is history.