Thread: Is Alex Mercer villain in Prototype 2? Does he die?

Is Alex Mercer villain in Prototype 2? Does he die?

I have played Prototype and liked Alex Mercer as a Hero. But when I heard that he will be the antagonist in the next part, I felt that this is wrong. Couldn’t the developers just create a new adventure for him? Maybe they could have brought in some new bad guys for Alex mercer to fight with. What do the other Prototype fans feel about this development? Will Alex Mercer survive in the end to be made hero again in Prototype 3?

Re: Is Alex Mercer villain in Prototype 2? Does he die?

I too think that Alex Mercer should have had continued as hero for Prototype 2. I have also heard that Alex Mercer will die in the ending of Prototype 2. This is very bad for a person who likes Prototype. Couldn’t the developer make the story like Devil May Cry 5? In that game, Dante was shown as a bad guy in the beginning. But as our hero starts chasing him in various levels and reaches till him, it gets revealed that Dante is not a bad guy but wants to lead the main hero, Nero to other bad guys. But in the middle part of the game, Nero gets trapped in the enemies trap and then we have to play as Dante to save Nero. Couldn’t the developers make the game this way? They could have shown that Heller comes in New York to fight the monsters and gets trapped by Blackwatch and Gentek. So Alex Mercer comes to his rescue. But the way Alex rescues Heller should seem evil. He can be shown that he kills innocent people to get Heller out of the laboratory where he wakes up. This will lead Heller to think that Alex is a bad guy. But when Heller gets in trouble, Alex will come to his rescue and then both of them can unite to fight against stronger enemies. This would have been better concept than the one in which Alex Mercer is shown as a Villain.

I think that his game will have an alternate ending like Hitman Blood Money. I don’t know how many of you gamers discovered it, but in Hitman Blood Money when the main character dies, he does not actually die. Diana just makes him unconscious and makes his pulse drop to a very low level. This gives his enemies an illusion of death. In the end credits where he is lying on coffin, if one pushes front movement key repeatedly, Agent 47 wakes up and one can resume game normally again. So I think that developers of Prototype 2 will also provide similar alternative ending.
    Developers have a good opportunity of earning some extra money by providing an alternate ending in form of an dlc. They can sell this dlc for money. All the fans will be excited to see the alternate ending and will surely buy it. But I too think that Alex Mercer shouldn’t be killed in the end. I know that in every game the main good guy should always win, but this doesn’t mean that bad guy should also die.

I think that developers of Prototype 2 should take some inspiration from Harry Potter series and avoid killing Alex Mercer. They can show that Alex Mercer goes weak or maybe losses powers. To save himself he goes into hiding in the end. In next part, they can again show that Alex Mercer comes back in power much like Lord Voldemort and again continues his bad activities. In this manner, developers can churn out more parts of this game.

I am playing this game on Xbox 360 and I think that developers haven’t done a good job by putting Alex Mercer on negative side. The game has Alex’s skin under dlc. One needs to download the Alex Mercer’s skin to use. I think that after developing the game, developers realized that fans will miss Alex Mercer and that will reduce their market. So to avoid such consequences, developers provided Alex Mercer’s skin. So using this one can become Alex Mercer and play. It seems fun for some time, but live up to the expectation. I think the main cause of this is that we all know the story of Alex Mercer and we also know that his purpose of fighting. Fans of Alex Mercer cannot see him in another story, so it fails. Also it seems funny when original Alex Mercer and modified Heller comes together. It seems like two clones talking to each other.