Thread: Need a fast and dynamic arcade racing game

Need a fast and dynamic arcade racing game

I am a college student and I am a game manic from past 3 years. As everyone has their own likes in game world I too prefer more racing game rather than any other adventure games. Racing games are my favorite genres of games. But I am fed up with these racing games and even I don’t want to switch on to any other type. I am bored with those old lame effects and atmospheric racing games like NFS. Need some rocking and high effects kind of arcade games which could meet my requirement. Please friends help me and let me know if there is any such type of racing games existing around.

Re: Need a fast and dynamic arcade racing game

If asked about normal racing games, I would have suggested you with number of games. But even then not an issue still I can suggest you with lots of arcade racing games. Starting with the best one to the least one according to me, Virtua Racing series, the Daytona USA series, the Rush, the Ridge Racer series, the Cruis'n Series, the Midnight Club series, and the classic Out Run. You can also try Need for Speed series, and the Juiced series. These are the games which according to me is best suited. You can try shortlist few which meets your requirement.

Me too going through the same condition. I am enough with those low effects games which makes me feel the same when I play any racing game. And now I tried lots of more games but nothing meets my requirement. Trying hard to find those games which could meet my requirement, my needs or make me go vroom when I play them. The first and foremost thing I need is lots of lots of destruction with decent and real effects. I mean whenever I go on to hit or collide a car, only the part which is hit should be effected and should look real and not like those in other games like Midtown Madness. Then there should be a playback soundtrack playing in the background; rock music is what I prefer. Any games which you feel can meet my requirement will be accepted no matter how old or new the game is.

Well this information is enough to make out what kind of gamer you are. But still I need to know two important things from you. The first one is the configuration of you pc, this is just to make me comfortable and convincing that the game which I would suggest should supports your pc. And next I just need to know the games which you played till now so that I can make out your taste in racing games. Especially mention the games which were unsuitable for you.

I don’t how to explore the complete configuration of my pc, but yet I tried and got some hardware and software details of it. Here are they listed:-

• Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6Ghz (2 cores)
    • RAM: 3GB
    • Graphics: GeForce 8600GT 256MB
    • Graphics driver: Microsoft DirectX 10
    • System: Windows Vista Business 32-bit SP2

Till now, if asked me about the games which I played and least suited me are:-

• FlatOut 1&2
    • Burnout: Paradise
    • Crashday
    • Trackmania
    • Split/Second
    • NFS: Underground and up

As far as I remember these are the games which never met my requirement in fact I also tried all simulation and rally games but results were the same. Hope at least now you could suggest me with some other one keeping the above ones exception.

I would suggest you some MMO games. Online games are now a days are best and very well known amongst the gamers who likes playing racing games. You can try out Drift City then you can also go for Ray City which is almost similar to Drift City. Then NFS (Online) I guess they are bit different from the one which we play on pc, don’t have much idea about it. They you can go for Heat online which is again a good one if you prefer a good graphical game.

Sorry friend I don’t go for Massively Multiplayer Online games. I actually hates them, sorry I forgot mention it but I really don’t like online games. They are too childish and irritating and certainly don’t meet my requirement. so please try suggesting me with some arcade racing game. hope you read my previous posts. you will get my requirements from there.

There are many people who don’t like MMO games. I don’t like them just because of the multiple players involved. Instead of that I prefer single player track racing game rFactor. Or you can also go for Gran Turismo 5 which again I guess can help you out. Because as per your requirement I think you need games with high and real damage effects; Gran Turismo 5 are best in realistic crashes and visible damages. I personally prefer NFS series which I think will never be your preference.

Maria121 Guest

There are so many racing games that can be enjoyed in any situation or by anyone. I am listing some them. Hope you will like them
    1. Colin McRae: DIRT
    2. Trackmania Forever
    3. Championship Season 2000
    4. Race Driver: Grid
    5. NASCAR racing 2003
    And if you like online gaming then please play DIRT 3 and drag racer. You will definitely enjoy them.