Thread: Legend of Grimrock centered interface for Eyefinity/Surround

Legend of Grimrock centered interface for Eyefinity/Surround

Hello friends, I have recently purchased this game and started playing and game looks really good in Eyefinity/Surround displays, whereas gameplay of this one is totally different. Below are some of images which I think you people will be able to find out difference in it. If properly observe image then interface sticking to right edge of the display whereas Legend of Grimrock is a mouse-centric game which is hardly playable, even check automap screen then it is also totally messed up. I would like to ask everyone over here that it is possible to confine the interface to the central area of the display; if it is possible then it will be really great. Thank you.

Re: Legend of Grimrock centered interface for Eyefinity/Surround

I would like to tell that if you have seen Almost Human blog then check it carefully you will be able to see original layout which is having character portraits at the top which is similar to old DM layout. The developer teams have moved it so that they can allow having more open visual of the dungeon and also reduced the character interface in smarter way. I would like to get hold on with current layout as I like it as it is. I am wishing that lefties will be able to adjust as it will be really nice that if it happens. At last although we are getting totally finished game out which is having huge list of sacrificing a few virgins, error, I mean to say about lefties is the best decision which is been taken. Anyhow all gamers will be having a hand to it. I was also thinking that better has current frames, spread out horizontally at the bottom or at top, if it possible then in middle according to developer. I was saying it will be nice for most neutral and eye-pleasing approach likely. Due to which frames would not be mess and stacked on one side of screen. If it is possible then we will be abe to make changes in controls to where to select a party member such that by just pressing 1, 2, 3, or 4 and carry on with attacks and commands just by clicking anywhere on screen with right or let mouse button even can do it by holding keybind, it will be really nice.

According to me it is very simple to do it, such that party members 1 and 2 are in the front and 3 and 4 in back. It is same thing in current format just not wishing down a row. There is difference between front and back which is easily identified by some marker on the frames and in fact with new controls you would be able to make use of these indexes just to select them which is making it easier to remember and there is no need to have a plenty of mouse action. According to me, combat will be there where it is. For time being if you are clicking on one button on single frame, then same method you will be having one more character at a time. Time which is taken to move cursor from one frame to another will be replaced with time taken to press key (1 to 4) on keyboard and main thing is that it cannot be changed but can try to figure and make it work also.

It's no doubt preferable provided that you just play on one display in either case; on account of the game has a locked horizontal FOV which denotes that your vertical FOV is reduced depending on if you have a totally wide display set-up. The interface ought to, I accept, be customizable. Guild Wars has a quite great case of a totally effortless to customize User Interface. You would be able to drop in a customization mode and drag/drop each element as well as resize them. This could be an extravagant increase, in my opinion.

This is not correct to any particular case. I took a screenshot standing in the same put in both 1920x1080 and 5760x1080 resolutions which is 3x the horizontal resolution. After that I layered them in Photoshop. In terms of FOV the 2 images straighten faultlessly. The just visible difference in the middle of the 2 images is from torch flickering. Since I would be able to take those 2 screenshots in the exact same instant they could without a doubt be 99.99% identical in the center. I concur with this appeal and I have run an Eyefinity setup simultaneously. Game looks fabulous. It's in the process of bothering with all things packed on the right side of the right screen, in particular being as how a bunch of the play activity is finished on the character frames. I practically always miss what's going on in the midst of the screen. All the more a quick and dirty fix could be great, such as an X- offset variable in the config file.

Playing this game on 3 monitors in Nvidia Surround then it actually puts in the immersion. If it’s not too much trouble put some route in center the User Interface elements or surprisingly better, give the user correct control of where to put them. It could in addition be good if there would be able to be some options so that the map might be fixed to the central third of a triple-vast setup with the goal that it is not extended and covered by my bezels, but this is more of an excellent-to-have ask for and not as essential as centering the HUD elements.