Thread: Pre-defined controls for PC version of Ridge Racer Unbounded

Pre-defined controls for PC version of Ridge Racer Unbounded

I am about to start playing Ridge racer Unbounded on my PC. I have all the hardware that this game requires. I asked my friend who started playing it few days ago and he said that PC version of the game faces issue about improper key mapping on keyboard. He said that user gets no option to set control of his own choice as well as the controls that are set by default adds problems to regular gamers who use PC. Are the controls this bad?

Re: Pre-defined controls for PC version of Ridge Racer Unbounded

Yes, the game provides no options to change the controls of the game according to the user. It provides certain presets of Xbox 360 controller which have a predefined keys of keyboard assigned to it. The default control set will have up and down arrows to move car forward and backward. While to turn your car sideways, you will need to A and D to move your car left and right respectively. This becomes hectic as PC gamers are not habituated to it and fail to get acquainted quickly to this setup. After playing this game, you will have problem adjusting yourself to other games which use normal control system in a racing game.
    Also the other sets of control are not much different. Some preset shuffles the keys required for brakes and power while some shuffle the direction keys required for car’s turning around. But while playing in PC, none of the control set helps.

Re: Pre-defined controls for PC version of Ridge Racer Unbounded

This game has been improperly ported from Xbox 360 to PC. The developers need to put in more efforts to avoid problems of such type. But nowadays, many games are ported from Xbox 360 and demand same settings. Last time I played Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 which also is a game ported from Xbox 360 to PC. It too faced the same problem of default controls improperly mapped by the developers. But the developers at least provided an option to set custom keys for the game. Also this leads to thinking that many games nowadays that come in market or might come in future will be cross pla6tform. So I think that every gamer must purchase an Xbox 360 controller to play his favorite games on PC. Ridge Racer Unbounded faces another problem with Xbox 360 controller. It crashes when Xbox 360 controller for PC is used. This is due to developers’ bad coding which has not made the game compatible with the Xbox 360 controller which is connected using USB port in PC. It still detects USB controller as Xbox 360 controller and thus fails to detect it.