Thread: Legend of Grimrock lags due to VSync/Triple Buffering

Legend of Grimrock lags due to VSync/Triple Buffering

I have been playing this game since last week and there are some issues in my case which are not solved yet, so guys please help me . So I am with some lags between key input and the actual action when I was attempting Triple Buffering along with Vsync and this occurs when I turn them on. So what could be the exact reason behind this one as the turning on should have some positive result , but this does not work in my case. So please assist me in this matter. Thanks in advance.

Re: Legend of Grimrock lags due to VSync/Triple Buffering

I need to provide some information regarding the vsync where it will help in solving your issue. So VSync indicates for Vertical Synchronization. The vital thought is that synchronizes your FPS with your monitor's refresh rate. The reason is to remove something called "tearing". And each monitor has an refresh rate and it is the number of times the monitor updates the display for each second. There are different refresh rates at different resolutions and this behavior is differed from different monitors.

Every CRT monitor has a refresh rate. It's specified in Hz (Hertz, cycles per second). It is the number of times the monitor updates the display per second. Different monitors support different refresh rates at different resolutions. They range from 60Hz at the low end up to 100Hz and higher. Note that this isn't your FPS as your games report it. And when we consider an double-buffered VSync, the frame rate can only be equal to a distinct set of values. So the thing is that they should have a video ram to support the vsync. And if you don’t have enough ram, you could have similar issues . so see to it that you have a video ram which will be well enough to support vsync .

Re: Legend of Grimrock lags due to VSync/Triple Buffering

So regarding the VSYNC , I will add some more as when you force Triple Buffering with VSYNC enabled you are creating three framebuffers, where front buffer is the one and 2 for back buffers. In this circumstances both backbuffers are rendered even previous to one is flipped to the front buffer, consequently the graphics card can cause to be one backbuffer as well as start on the subsequent backbuffer even if the electron gun hasn't got back up to the top line of the frame up till now. VSYNC disabled get rids of the halving of the framerate. But it produces tearing. If you can force Triple Buffering in a game though then you are able to run with VSYNC enabled and you will be not having tearing and not have the framerate halving. If you are playing a game that has a framerate that regularly remains above your refresh rate, then VSync will usually be a excellent thing. though if it's a game that moves above and lower than the required rate , then VSync can turn out to be irritating. To talk regarding this further, if the game tends to plays at an FPS that is just less than the refresh rate, the video card will have to resolve for placing much less FPS than it could .so the effect of vsync depends on how well the game is running .