Thread: Legend of Grimrock – blackscreen while placing torch light

Legend of Grimrock – blackscreen while placing torch light

Hello friends in my computer I have recently downloaded Legend of Grimrock game and installed it. This game is very nice but when I try to put torch in room at that I get black screen. First I though drivers are causing this problem and that is why I have uninstalled graphic card drivers from my computer and then I have deleted all the temporary files from my computer, now after that I have installed graphic card drivers again in my computer and then when I start playing Legend of Grimrock game at that time I get same issue. I am using NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT graphic card and I have 4 GB RAM in my computer. if anyone knows how to fix this problem then let me know.

Re: Legend of Grimrock – blackscreen while placing torch light

I have gone through your problem and I will suggest you to first check whether v-sync is enabled in graphic setting of the Legend of Grimrock game or not? If v-sync is not enabled then you should first open Legend of Grimrock game in your computer and then you have to go to the graphic setting. In graphic setting you have to enable v-sync and then see whether problem gets solved or not? there was similar problem occurred with me also and then I have come to know that there are many users who were experiencing black screen issue with Legend of Grimrock game and resolved the issue by enabling v-sync. if you still face the same problem even after enabling the v-sync then I will suggest you to change the resolution of Legend of Grimrock game and see what the result is.

You should try to play this game with low shadows and you have to also set Anti-aliasing to lower and then see what the situation is. Many times by changing the graphic setting in the game we can solve this type of problems. If this idea does not help you to solve this issue then I will suggest you to go to the official site of the Nvidia and then you have to click on download drivers option and after doing that you have to select your graphic card model number and then choose operating system which you are using in your computer. After that download drivers in your computer and install it. After upgrading the graphic drivers in your system you have to check whether same problem occurs with Legend of Grimrock game or not? I hope your problem will get solved with the help of these steps.

Yes. i agree with above solution. After looking your solutions I have tried all the graphic settings with Legend of Grimrock game but problem was still there and then I have downloaded latest drivers for NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT graphic card from Nvidia official site and then installed in my system. After installing that when I started Legend of Grimrock at that time I didn’t get any issues. I think you should also try this solution and then your problem might get solved. If you need any more help after that then let me know.