Thread: FPS drops in Ridge Racer: Unbounded

FPS drops in Ridge Racer: Unbounded

Is this just me or there are other users who are getting sudden FPS drop in the frame rate? I have just played a few races but this game is suddenly dropping the FPS and this is really very annoying. The worst part is that, it happens when I get into the tricky curve. Once I enter to that then the FPS drops and it get recovered unexpectedly but by that time I have driven my car to the wall. I am using the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SLI. Is it possible that the problem is with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SLI or it is something else that is causing problem for me? This is less looks like the drop in the frame rate, this seems that the complete game is "chugging". It just slows down the speed and acts weird. Can somebody over here help me to recover from this problem? Thank you so much in advance.

Re: FPS drops in Ridge Racer: Unbounded

I think that it will be good for you if you can just disable the Vsync for RRU through the control panel. I am quite sure that this will make a huge difference. It regulates the FPS based on the Hertz number of the monitor, for example, permanently 60 or 120 FPS (according to the display and set the monitor or maximum number of hertz). It gives a quicker, smoother picture with less or even without tearing result, but some games have problems with the mouse when Vsync is enabled (eg Dead Space). Disadvantages arise when your PC is not the required number of FPS that can afford, then it can fall back on a 30FPS or less , especially multiplayer shooters have problems with that. So it really worth to try by disabling the Vsync and see if this helps in any manner. Rely back with the result.

Re: FPS drops in Ridge Racer: Unbounded

Get in the game options menu and look for sensitivity, increased sensitivity to the sights and it will move faster but less accurate, less sensitivity to more accurately but slower, You can play with these parameters without fear because according to this parameter, it will set that how easy or difficult you can "take aim" to opponents. I leave it in the default setting of the game however not all are equal, try different settings of this parameter to find the one for you. Other than this, you must also check that you are having the latest graphic driver in your system. There are many of the similar cases like this where the reason for the issue comes out as outdated graphic driver and installing the latest one solved the problem. I hope that it will do the same for you also.