Thread: Tropico 4 is crashing constantly due to Modern Times expansion/patch

Tropico 4 is crashing constantly due to Modern Times expansion/patch

Hello friends, when I have got 1.05 patch or Modern Times expansion then I was not able to play Tropico at all. Whenever I was trying to load game then it was been going to safe mode such that of last crash, when I try to set resolution back up then also it crashes and does not give any warning. Most of times I am having problem with game that it does not list AA modes and try to run it using GTX580's 16x mode which mostly turns out to be bad and I have tried to solely changing the screen resolution then also it was been crashed. I have no idea that how I will I be fix this thing and I am very much anxious to play the new expansion. I am having Steam version. I have also try to verify and defragging the game cache and even tried CCleaner registry scan to check that if it is anything on that end. So please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Tropico 4 is crashing constantly due to Modern Times expansion/patch

I think that problem which you are getting it then it might be due to drivers of your system. I was used to get this kind of problem when I was trying to open VLC and also playing Tropico 4 on GTX 280 with old drivers.

Even it is also happen when enabling vsync and tabbing in/out of Tropico 4. It seems that game wants to shutdown if you modify any of screen settings, if you are going to try it and play it with this bug then do not bother with the scenario editor because it will tab out your game and crash when going back in.

I had the game crash either right away post-launcher or crash when I attempt to alter the resolution from anything that's not default. Turns out the Steam overlay are contradictory with it somehow. Attempt to disable the Steam community in the game properties in Steam.

That completely worked for my crashes! Whenever I would change the resolution or to Windows the screen overlay would crash.

Resolution:
    * Goto your Steam library
    * Right click on Tropico 4
    * Goto Properties
    * Uncheck box "Enable Steam Community In-Game"
    * Everything works!!