Thread: Never purchased Angry Bird even then App Store tells me to upgrade it

Never purchased Angry Bird even then App Store tells me to upgrade it

I have done nothing much on my Mac system from the time I bought it and I guess its 6 months old. I have another Apple device called iPod Touch which I purchased a year before and this is the only Apple device on which I keep on doing some of the other kind of activity like installing apps, software, updating things and so on. Angry bird is one of my favorite game and I always love playing it on my iPod touch. I installed this game on my iPod Touch during the time when I bought this device. But now the issue is that I get Angry Bird updates on my Mac system and interestingly the thing is that I never purchased for my Mac in fact I bought it for the iPod Touch. Currently the only angry bird version I am having on my Mac machine is Angry Birds 1.6.2.ipa. Every time I visit app store on Mac it tells me that I can now upgrade Angry Bird to 1.6.2 which is quite surprising for me.

Anyways sometimes when I try to update it and when I try to click on the update I get a message "Log in on ()@mail.ru in order to upgrade the programs on that account". Trust me I have never used that email ID in fact I had never heard about it then how come I will be able to log in to that ID. Please help me out and let me know what I should do. These are the things that are happening with me for which I don’t even have any idea. How can I just remove that update from the update list, is there any way for doing so?

Re: Never purchased Angry Bird even then App Store tells me to upgrade it

After reading out your thread I can only say that you have a pirated copy of Angry Bird app that you must have downloaded from some unknown site on internet for free of cost. I guessed it out by looking at the version that you have mentioned tell that you have it on your system. Surely that pirated app must have been somehow cracked by the pirates with the MAS receipt from the Angry Bird app that is acquired with some other person’s Apple ID. Maybe just because of this reason you are being told to log in through the email ID that you have mentioned in your post. The only solution according to me will be suitable for this problem is to try to get rid of the pirated apps, only then you will not be prompted with the update news and all. this is the only way to get rid of the updates. You can probably try to remove the app that you have downloaded into your machine by uninstalling it.

Yeah he is right, the app which is now currently present in your system is nothing but a pirated one. And this pirated app that you have bought for free from somewhere has been cracked with the MAS receipt from Angry Bird acquired by someone’s ID. However the MAS is reading the receipt and therefore notifying you that this game currently has an update.

Also I would like to tell you something, you know all the MAS apps have a MAS receipt in their app bundle, if possible you check any of the app that has been acquired from the MAS. You need to right click on the app’s icon in your apps folder and then choose the Show package contents. Over there inside the contents folder you might find the MASReceipt folder and in that folder you can see the coded MAS receipt, this MAS receipt has the Apple ID of the MAS account that has actually bought and acquired the app from the MAS. The receipt is the same one that is being used by the MAS in order to alert you that the app has an update. And I your case that app is Angry Bird. Also there might not be any notice of an update with someone else’s Apple ID that is being showing in the MAS on your MAC only if there is not any app with the receipt from the person’s account on your MAC. Its better you download a app called FindAnyFile i.e. FAF, this one of the most useful app that is undoubtedly one of the most powerful one than spotlight. What you need to do is to first download it from net and then after the downloading open it and in the box type _MASReceipt and after typing press find. Now you should be shown with a list of every app on your Mac receipt. Now you need to compare the apps with the receipts in FindAnyFile’s list with the purchased apps list in the Mac app store. The one that is placed out oddly and separately should definitely be the pirated one without any doubt. now you can remove or perform any action on that pirated app.

Let me make things clear first, I do not have any idea about how Angry Birds is being downloaded on my system. And even if its there on my Mac system I am no where interested in having it or playing it in any case so therefore I didn’t crack it. Already told you that I never had Angry Birds or tried it for the Mac, the only Angry Birds that I have on my system is the .ipa version 1.6.2 file for my iPod Touch. Even when I checked out Angry Birds on the App store I was not even able to buy it just because it was not installed on my Mac. Again I am telling you that I haven’t cracked or pirated it so there’s no point of me playing it and as it is I am not interested in doing so. Just think that if I would have actually had it then why I would have complained, I should have faced any problem with the update. If necessary I would have simply updated but then why the case is not so simple.

I too have the same issue with my system. As far as I know I have never downloaded or installed Angry Birds on my Mac. The only place where I have downloaded it is on my iPhone that too the free version. And on my app store updates its listed at the top, quite amazing. I have never ever tried any kind or pirated or hacked programs in any case. Until now for me there’s no one came up with any of the fix for this problem, neither have I found any of the alternate fix for this issue on internet.

As already suggested above I did installed an app for finding out he pirated app on the computer. The app is not the one which has been suggested above i.e. FindAnyFile, instead I have installed another app called appzzapper and then after installing I entered the serial number that I found on web which actually worked for me, this was the first time when I purchased the Mac. Now after encountering this issue I have deleted this app and all the related files, then I redownloaded it and therefore I am now supposed to put up the new serial and all other information. There is no such other app except for this which I have deleted but the problem still persists.

Feeling bit guilty by admitting this but I have to say it, I have a windows computer at my place and mostly I use this system for downloading music torrents from some of the pirated sites. During the earlier day I use to do it a lot, what I use to do is download the pirated software into my windows system but not anymore. Now I have a Mac and I with this new machine I left all such bad things, now I pay for the software genuinely. For all the software that I need I pay.

What I did was after getting the new Mac I tried transferring all the files from my PC to my iMac using a WD external HD. This includes the downloads, music, movies and etc. as already I told that on my windows system almost all the software and programs were pirated and now after transferring most of the files to Mac seems like its my Mac is not being able to recover from the issue. I am sure some of those files are causing this problem. The problem has been started from last night onwards when I tried transferring the files over to Mac.

FindAnyFile is the best apps for Mac for searching any kind of file. Let me tell you that even I was having the exact similar issue but then after using this app I got the issue fixed. I mean after I ran this app I was able to catch some of the cracked files existing in my computer, I removed them and now everything is fine.

• As about FindAnyFile I would like to first say that this app is a program that is mostly preferred for Mac OS X, this app lets you to search for files on your disks.
    • Different from the spotlight this app actually doesn’t allow using a database but instead of that it uses the file system driver’s quick and fast search operations which are available. This thing helps you to search for the file properties like name, size and so on but certainly not for the file contents. You need to use spotlight or EasyFind for file contents.
    • Comparing with spotlight as the name suggests FindAnyFile has the best ability of finding any kind of files like those even to the inner side of the bundles and the pagkages and within the folders that are normally not included from the spotlight search.
    • Most importantly the best part of this app is that it’s too fast and quick; let me tell you that each search with this app takes only few seconds and not more than that.
    • This app actually does not replace the spotlight but if you look into it, it complements the spotlight largely
    • For searching contents like e-Mails, PDFs, Word docs etc other than the complete file you can simply go for spotlight rather than FindAnyFile but if you need to search for any file by name or size or date then you need to use FAF, by using this app you will be very much sure about everything related to the file.

In an article read that the Mac app store in OS X 10.6 not just lets you know about the new applications but also it help you by providing the updates that you need for your installed apps. It’s such that the store should be able to detect the installed application and they must be able to notify you when the update is available for you. This thing is not always positive for everyone, there are people who do not find the update notification or the app working for them as expected by them and therefore the updates might not show as available. Anyways the best thing is that there’s a fix for this issue.

The app store update issue has been increased rapidly within number of users; the issue may be somehow sorted out with the use of spotlight which is used to locate the installed app. The most important thing to be noted for the store to locate the application is the spotlight index that is required to be working properly. Any person trying to sort the issue is doing nothing but just forcing to rebuild the system’s spotlight index. For doing so you need to follow the below steps:
    • Go to Spotlight system preferences.
    • Privacy tab
    • Add the boot drive to the privacy list, and then close the preferences
    • Again open up the preferences and remove your hard drive from the list
    • Reboot the system
    After rebooting you need to wait for the spotlight index to rebuild, remember that the spotlight menu is going to have the pulsing dots while its happening. If the spotlight is done with its work then you need to open the Mac app store again and then try to update the application again. This time the update should appear properly the issue was exactly what you thought.

Surely no doubt that in your case too there must be some cracked files that would have transferred to your Mac. Its feels quite good to see that you yourself have admitted that you used to download pirated and cracked software and programs on your machine, this has not only made you a good person but also helped you to know the exact cause of your issue. as you told that you were at point trying to transfer those illegal and pirated files from your windows machine to your brand new Mac and this transfer have now dropped you into a mess.

Just wanted to ask you whether even you face this update issue, I mean like already mentioned in this thread do you even get some unwanted update message for those apps that you haven’t downloaded or installed in your Mac. As you already know that some cracked file is causing this issue, you need to also find out that cracked file from your Mac and for that you need to use an app called FindAnyFile. For more details about this app just read out the above posts. Other than the one that you were already sure about you also need to know whether do you share the similar problem mentioned in this thread. Does MAS on your Mac says that you have an update for an app that you have not yet installed in your Mac and this update is somehow connected with some other person’s Apple ID?