Thread: Ridge Racer: Unbounded crashes while controller plugged in

Ridge Racer: Unbounded crashes while controller plugged in

I am having the PS2 controller which is connected to my computer through the adapter and problem is that when I to start the game then it crashes on the desktop. It happens all the times on the loading screen only, I am not even able to see the menu of the game. I can say that the game is completely stopped working. On the other hand while I unplug that then there is no problem with the game, it starts running smoothly. There is no problem with the other games earlier. I have also tried with different controller but result is same. Is this just me or there are some other users who are facing the same problem. If anyone over here is having any idea regarding this then please post that over here. I was searching for the same on web but there is no working solution for this. Please reply as soon as possible. Here is specification for my computer:
    • GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4870
    • CPU: Intel C2D E8500
    • MEM: 4 GB
    • PAD1: PlayStation 2 controller connected with PantherLord PC-USB converter
    • PAD2: Logitech Dual Action USB

re: Ridge Racer: Unbounded crashes while controller plugged in

Are you having the Logitech Dual Action pad? If yes, then you must try by unplugging that from the computer while you are using the P2 controller. RRU is not the first computer which is not supporting more than one controller at the same time. This is not just you, there are many of the other users who are getting the same problem and they are reporting this as a game problem but this is not the problem with the game, it actually don’t support that. I don’t think that there could be some other reason for this problem. Anyways, you can just try by taking out Logitech Dual Action pad and see if that helps you. If you are facing the same problem again then please report us back and we will try to solve this with some other possible way.

yes, I am having that unplugged but I don’t think that it will make any problem with this because my adaptor is for 2 controllers but then also I am having that unplugged and then also I am facing the same problem. So this is not the problem from the hardware side. I think that there is something wrong with the game. Now, I cannot guess that what could be the reason for this problem. So I will wait for 1 or 2 more try for this and if that fails then I will just uninstall the game from my computer. If you have some other good suggestion the please post that.

Have you installed the latest patch on your computer? There are many of the issues with the game that get fixed with the patch releases. And this is very normal with the game. You must search for the latest patch release for the game and install that. This will solve the issues like this. If patch is not available then there is no option for you to wait till the new patch is released. I hope that devs can get to this thread so that they will be aware of this issues and it can be resolved soon. I hope for the best!!!