Thread: How is the Performance of Ridge Racer: Unbounded in PC

How is the Performance of Ridge Racer: Unbounded in PC

hi guys

I am planning to buy this game, now I have seen the game trailer and really impressed with the game graphic and the game play and this made me think that how would this game will be performing on my pc here is the configuration

1. AMD Phenom x4 9750 2.4 GHz
    2. 8GB RAM
    3. AMD Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    4. Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit

Now I have looked in the various Ib post but there is no proper mention of the minimum requirement of game , it’s just can’t say much about requirement so here is the deal , will thus game run on the 64bit OS, as few people says that it only support the 32 bit . is there anyone here can help me on this , I will be really appreciating this

Thanks In advice

Re: How is the Performance of Ridge Racer: Unbounded in PC

I used an overclocked Q9650 at 4.2Ghz with 4GB RAM, an Nvidia GTX295, Windows 7-64 bit and therefore the latest version of the ForceWare drivers. sadly, there's no SLI profile nevertheless for the sport and therefore the game had lots of problems with 3D Vision. Smoke, lights, flares, shadows, player names, and even the HUD got to be adjusted. Somehow I have a tendency to doubt that the inexperienced team can work on these 3D problems, however let’s hope that the inexperienced team can prove us wrong.

Ridge Racer Unbounded actually suffers from micro-stuttering. AMD latest drivers fix that issue however Nvidia hasn't released any hotfix a . This micro-stutter result is annoying, and that I can’t extremely perceive how it got slipped off from section of the computer version. Well, that’s if there was one. so as to avoid this bug, Nvidia house owners can need to run the game in Window mode as there's no stuttering with it. So, I’ve got no SLI profile, 3D issues, and major stuttering result with all Nvidia cards in full-screen mode. Yeah, this can be as broken because it can get and that’s exactly why I have a tendency to believe that the 3D problems won’t get resolved anytime soon. Ridge Racer: Unbounded comes with some spectacular graphical choices. computer gamers will choose their rendering device (you apprehend, like once I had those beloved 3DFX cards back within the golden days), resolution, facet ratio and therefore the ability to run the sport in Window Mode. Oh, and you'll be able to set the Anisotropy level quality. And that’s it. No LOD choices, no shadows, no model details, no environmental detail. Nothing. Even the FlatOut games had additional choices than the aforementioned ones therefore no; I have a tendency to don’t suppose Bugbear couldn’t add some choices to the current game. What’s even additional frustrating is that you just can’t remap the management keys. If memory serves right, in all the FlatOut games you may remap your keys. In Ridge Racer: Unbounded though you can’t. honest enough, some may say that this game is supposed to be played with a gamepad. Well, I have a tendency to tried a Trustmaster gamepad and there have been solely two on the market layouts to decide on from. Needless to mention that those layouts weren't pretty much as good as I’d hoped to. So no, this game isn't meant to be played with a gamepad. It’s meant to be played with an X360 controller and given that you'll be able to get used to its 2 layouts.

Ridge Racer: Unbounded won't tax your CPU the least bit. As you'll be able to see, our Q9650 wasn't stressed the least bit. Even once I simulated a dual-core system or once I downclocked your CPU to its default clocks, I have a tendency to didn't notice any extra performance hit. Ridge Racer: Unbounded is unquestionably a GPU sure game. A GTX275 can run this game fine at 1080p with max settings, though you'll notice some minor slowdowns when there are lots of cars and objects on-screen. Those I’ve put in the newest ForceWare 3xx.xx will be able to enable FXAA so as to sleek out the game’s jaggies. In case you didn’t get the memo then no, the sport doesn't support any ancient ways of AA, therefore you’ll either need to settle for it, or use FXAA and SMAA Injectors.

Graphics wise, Ridge Racer: Unbounded appearance fine. We’ve seen higher racing games but… I have a tendency to… I didn't expect a graphical juggernaut to start with. Cars are nicely detailed, and you won’t notice the low-resolution textures of it due to the game’s high speed (and the high amounts of blur effects). Bugbear followed DICE’s example and used some distracting light-weighting effects from the environmental light sources. though they're cool, they're quite annoying after you are racing and making an attempt to stay up along with your opponents. The environmental destruction is proscribed as there are solely bound buildings that may be destroyed. Given what proportion they hyped this feature, I’d expect one thing to a small degree additional. Hell, even Split Second had a additional spectacular destruction system

Ridge Racer Unbounded is a median computer performer. Nvidia users ought to avoid it for the time being, unless they require to play it in Window mode. The inexperienced team hasn’t provided us with any extra data and that I don’t apprehend when those problems can get resolved however as perpetually, I’ll keep you informed. Ridge Racer Unbounded is what I have a tendency to hate in console ports and Bugbear didn’t even hassle to check the computer version before releasing it. If they did, I have a tendency to wouldn’t have the day-one issue with the amount Editor and therefore the on-going drawback with the invites in its Multiplayer mode

It’s sad, as a result of as a game Ridge Racer: Unbounded appearance attention-grabbing. it's its problems (like the rubber band AI), however with slightly additional attention to numerous details and settings, it may well be became an incredible arcade computer racing game. sadly, Bugbear don't hassle to incorporate easy, graphical choices and therefore the undeniable fact that you can’t remap your management keys is solely unacceptable. In different words, this is often what defines a foul console port, particularly when it involves options I m Nvidia user, RRU stuttering lots

I have an AMD card, therefore why do I still see micro-stuttering? Admittedly, it is not quite common. The stuttering I see solely happens 25, perhaps 50 of the time. I simply bought this game one or two days ago, therefore i do not apprehend what it had been like pre-patch, pre-Catalyst 12.3. therefore where is that this drawback coming back from? perhaps as a result of i am using the 7870, that is such a replacement card, the drivers haven't quite matured enough nevertheless to repair it? Or it extremely is simply the sport itself and Bugbear has to take a way nearer scrutinize the game's engine? It ought to be noted that this stuttering solely happens in Fullscreen mode, and fully disappears in Windowed mode.

I used to own 2 9800GTX and therefore the solely drawback I ever had with games was that my PSU wasn't sturdy enough therefore games that needed an excessive amount of GPU usage would build my pc 'stutter' the major prime example being GTA4 however I solved all that by simply shopping for one higher graphics card and that i solely noticed the micro-stuttering is common as a result of it happens on Blur (it appears to be for similar reasons - the sport is intended to run at 30fps, not 50/60) and therefore the stuttering on NSR was as a result of i used to be trying to run it on a 5-year-old dual-core laptop with an ATI x200 graphics card (the processor wasn't sturdy enough) therefore... I've never experienced any micro stuttering when using SLI, and therefore the drawback isn't simply SLI-related. attention-grabbing. perhaps I ought to try to force vsync in nVidia management panel and see if that solves the stuttering on behalf of me on my desktop. I even have Fraps therefore i'll try to post a log at some purpose. Bear in mind my desktop's native res is 50Hz though. 1920x1080, 60Hz, anisotropic filtering on max. I set the benchmarked to record for a moment from the beginning of the primary race . The FPS counter displayed for many of the rest of the race an FPS that fluctuated between fifty six and sixty four fps ... and that i would have definitely noticed the FPS I apparently came the benchmark since I will tell the distinction between forty fps and sixty...

I'm seeing identical issue too. Stuttering when running the sport fullscreen. It's troublesome to note initially however after you do the sport is sort of unplayable. It's best to note by watching trackside objects like lampposts. you'll be able to see that they stutter as they are available toward the screen. It should be a driver issue as a result of on my HD6970 it runs perfect(same PC)! The new one.03 didnt solve the lag. identical drawback i noticed in Moto GP 08 and SBK 2011 in full screen too.