Thread: How to control drift in Ridge Racer: Unbounded?

How to control drift in Ridge Racer: Unbounded?

Well recently I have purchased this particular game Ridge Racer: Unbounded. I am satisfied with the overall look and feel of this particular game. but still I am not able to deal with drifting in the game. Can you tell me how can I control drift? Whenever I am trying to drift around the corner I supposed to end up with turn sideways or backwards in the game. Let me know if you are aware of anything which will help me to get the requirement of mine. any comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to control drift in Ridge Racer: Unbounded?

After going through the thing which you have asked over here I wanted to ask you something that you are supposed to drift a lot or you are trying to drift in high speed. Could be possible both the things are happening together in the game. also I wanted to tell you that you should go for the corner as you are supposed to do in real life and after that simply press and hold the drift button which B on Xbox 360 gaming controller as you wanted to turn into the game. after drifting around you will need to push left analogue stick into the opposite direction so that your car straighten and prevent the spinning out of the same. at this particular moment of time you will be able to boost out from the corner and simply take out the rival car for Domination events.
    According to me you will need to do little bit practice to understand when you are supposed to hold down your drift button. You should go out quite early and you will be able to crash on the wall. You can also go let so that car would end up facing into the wrong direction. The thing drifting is also dependent on car rating. For your information car rating would vary between 1 to 5. It would bit difficult to hard corner for the car which is having drift rating 1 than that of car with drift rating 5.

Re: How to control drift in Ridge Racer: Unbounded?

The car drift stat would also affect how your car would drift in the game. as far as I have notice the car which is having lower drift stat supposed to have sharper drift and it would lose more speed while it is drifting on higher angle. Car which is having higher drift stats should have lower drift and it would lose less speed when it supposed to drift with larger angle. You can compare this particular thing by having look on following two cars. Wolfseye GT and the Motega XR. Both the cars are having similar kind of handling but both of them are supposed to drift and totally different manner. it is also dependent on you whether you are looking to use a car which would having loose drift or a car which is not having any drift at all. Personally I used to play game by using less drifty cars as I used to drift with sharper angle through the sharper cornet. So it is getting differ from people to people.