Thread: Will AA be added in Ridge Racer: Unbounded?

Will AA be added in Ridge Racer: Unbounded?

Hello friends, when playing this game then it is been looking very much bad and it is looking very much bad with the textures that too at low resolution and it is same thing with cars and it can be seen that there is lack of AA which is keep on annoying me, I am hoping that I am not only one who is having problem with it, there should be someone who is irritated with it and hoping to get it fix. Does anyone have information from developer of game that they will be adding AA to game or not. Please help me with some information about it. Thank you.

re: Will AA be added in Ridge Racer: Unbounded?

I have not got the game for me till now but I am having some of SMAA which will be helpful for you till the time real AA is implemented by Bugbear. Below are the attachments of SMAA so you can download for you and would like to describe about it, that it adds "Su***xel Morphological Antialiasing" to an application and it is based on "injectFXAA”, not knowing who have written it. It is supported and works with direct x 9, direct x 10, direct x 11, x86 applications and it can be possible that it is incompatible with any other form of antialiasing and also incompatible with overlays, such as Steam Overlay, MSI Afterburner, Fraps, etc. But I would like to tell that SMAA is a very much capable GPU-based MLAA accomplishment, capable of managing sub pixel features seamlessly, and featuring advanced pattern detection & handling mechanism. If you are downloading 1.2 versions then it is a Configuration files which changes internal modularization and also improved state handling, it also solve problem possible with memory leak and Steam overlay via "weird_steam_hack". If downloading 1.1 version then it fixes GTA4 AlphaTest issue and DepthStencil issue, whereas 1.0 version add SMAA 1x. So can check and get one for you.

1.0 version

1.1 version

1.2 version

Quote Originally Posted by Enos View Post
    I have not got the game for me till now but I am having some of SMAA which will be helpful for you till the time real AA is implemented by Bugbear. Below are the attachments of SMAA so you can download for you and would like to describe about it, that it adds "Su***xel Morphological Antialiasing" to an application and it is based on "injectFXAA”, not knowing who have written it. It is supported and works with direct x 9, direct x 10, direct x 11, x86 applications and it can be possible that it is incompatible with any other form of antialiasing and also incompatible with overlays, such as Steam Overlay, MSI Afterburner, Fraps, etc. But I would like to tell that SMAA is a very much capable GPU-based MLAA accomplishment, capable of managing sub pixel features seamlessly, and featuring advanced pattern detection & handling mechanism. If you are downloading 1.2 versions then it is a Configuration files which changes internal modularization and also improved state handling, it also solve problem possible with memory leak and Steam overlay via "weird_steam_hack". If downloading 1.1 version then it fixes GTA4 AlphaTest issue and DepthStencil issue, whereas 1.0 version add SMAA 1x. So can check and get one for you.
    It is very much nice, but if I add SMAA then it not making game proper, I have already tired it earlier textures does not becomes normal, if there is anyone is going to tell to have FXAA then this game is already having FXAA but not having real AA. If it was having AA then shadows and textures might be really good and better which they are not, so does anyone know AA will be adding or not?

I would like to tell you something about FXAA (Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing) which might not be known by its name to many gamers, but that as it may they positively do distinguish its great looks, being utilized in such visually luxurious games as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Batman: Arkham City and Battlefield 3. Anyhow what is it true that it is, genuinely? It's an upgrade above a few prior cycles of against-associating, rendering elevated-display visuals snappier and more comprehensively. Anti-aliasing has a threatening name, but what it does for our computer displays is rather fundamental. Consider it this method, a line has unbounded determination, but our digital displays try not to. So when we “snap” a line to the pixel grid on our display, we are able to recompense by Imagineering partial pixels in the line, pretending we have a much higher resolution display than we in reality do.

Anti-aliasing generates a superior image by utilizing grey pixels to recreate partial pixels in the edges of a line. It is a hack, but as hacks go, it’s all in all darn effective. Obviously, the genuine result to this problem is to have extremely high resolution displays in the first place. Be that as it may alternate than handheld devices, I wouldn’t keep your breath for that to happen at whatever time soon. This additionally connects with significantly more complex 3D graphics scenes. Maybe particularly more in this way, as joining movement intensifies the aliasing effects of every one of those creeping lines that make up the edges of the scene. However anti-aliasing, absolutely at 30 or 60 frames for every second in an complex state of the art game, with countless polygons and effects active, is not affordable.

FXAA has a few major point of interest, first is that FXAA has smoothes edges in all pixels on the screen, including those inside alpha-blended textures and those coming about because of pixel shadier impacts, which were at one time invulnerable to the impacts of SMAA without oddball workarounds. Second thing is that it’s quick. Particularly that it is quite speedy. Form 3 of the FXAA equation takes about 1.3ms for each edge on a $US100 movie card. Previous forms were found to be twofold the speed of 4x SMAA, so you’re checking out a humble 12 or 13 for every penny price in framerate to empower FXAA and in return you get an important lessening in associating. The just downside, and it is minor, is that you might see a touch of unwanted edge “reduction” inside textures or in alternate puts. I’m not certain provided that its honest to call this a downside, but FXAA can’t straightforwardly be had an association with more senior amusements; recreations need to be particularly coded to call the FXAA pixel shadier before they draw the recreation's user interface, generally it will joyfully smooth the edges of on-screen HUD units, as well.

The FXAA method is so great; indeed, it makes all different forms of full-screen anti-aliasing basically old overnight. Since you hold a FXAA choice in your game, you might as well enabled it immediately and overlook whatever other AA choices. FXAA is an incredible example of the capacity of straightforward hacks and heuristics. Anyway its moreover a fabulous showing of how attacking programming problem from a different angle which is , instead of thinking about the screen as an collection of polygons and lines, consider it as a collection of pixels and can enable you to solve computationally difficult situations quicker and arguably superior to any individual thought possible.

Appear FXAA the new anti-aliasing on the block. Take less CPU power to utilize than different anti-aliasing methods, but can create some blurriness. I am able to see where FXAA could help out the consoles, for as much as their CPU and graphics card are about at their limit of what they can render. The supports are primed for a late CPU and lifelike card update following year. Yet the majority of us on the computer have more than enough strength for the unique PC games turning out. My 4 year old computer at the close of it updates way.