Thread: "System error: d3dx9_43.dll missing" in Legend of Grimrock

"System error: d3dx9_43.dll missing" in Legend of Grimrock

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased the Legend of Grimrock game from Steam store and I have installed it without any issue, although when I try to launch or run the game then I am getting an error message saying that:”System error: d3dx9_43.dll missing” and after that the game crashes to desktop. I have tried to reinstall the game but still it will give me the same error. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: "System error: d3dx9_43.dll missing" in Legend of Grimrock

I think you have an issue with Microsoft DirectX and so therefore you might be getting this issue. The d3dx9_43.dll missing error is related to Microsoft DirectX and so therefore I would like to suggest you to update the existing Microsoft DirectX on your system. First uninstall the directx version and then restart your machine. Go to the below Link to download latest it:
    Click here to download Microsoft DirectX
    Once you finish downloading then just install it and restart the pc again to take effect.

Even I was facing the same issue and after repairing the corrupt Registy entry the problem got solved. There are lots of online tools and software for fixing the corrupted registry entry. Just download and install best registry repair software on your system and install it in your pc. Corrupted registry entry will cause system freezing or D3DX9_43.dll missing error and other system error, so it is necessary to clean your registry entry every 2 or 3 months.

If you are still having the same problem then I would like to suggest you to go through some steps to install D3DX9_43.dll file on your system. First click on Start button and after that click on the Run. Now type: CMD and after that click on the ok button. You will get a command prompt and under that type the below text and after that press Enter key:
    regsvr32 D3DX9_43.dll
    After that restart your computer. While installing regsvr32 D3DX9_43.dll make sure you have Active Internet connection and along with that you should be logged on as Administrator.

If you are still getting the same issue then go through this tips to solve your issue: First of all try to do a windows update on your system because if you’re using incompatible version of DirectX then Windows Update should detect that and update proper version of DirectX on your system. If this doesn’t solve your issue then second steps is to manually install the latest version of DirectX as said above. Along with this I would like to suggest you to update your video card driver as well. The common reason for D3dx9_43.dll missing error is old video card driver and such.

sorry for the idiot question but does it need to be directx9 as file has dx9 in as I am on directx 11?

Not really. If you are facing that error that means you have DirectX 9. While for DirectX 11 the error will be d3dx11_43.dll. This is just the missing file which can be fixed by directx update. You can also manually download that file and add into your system in system32 folder. Various patches are provided by Microsoft to deal with this issue. DirectX error mostly does not occur if you keep your Windows upto date.