Thread: Custom Controls and Aspect Ratio Support Missing, Poor PC Port and Wheel Support in Ridge Racer: Unbounded

Custom Controls and Aspect Ratio Support Missing, Poor PC Port and Wheel Support in Ridge Racer: Unbounded

after playing this particular game I have concluded that it is not having support for different aspect ratios. If aspect ratio is lower than that of 16:9 the everything is getting boxed where as anything which is higher than stretching all the things. Considering at what aspect ratio you are supposed to play the game. you will not be able play the game on multi-monitor system just because of stretching. I have noticed that there were number of games which released in the past having great support for multi-monitor. However the developer of the game should tried to fix the aspect ratio in the game. you will not be able to customize controls apart from the pre-sets. This particular game is having support for XBox 360 controller. we know that it’s a racing game so why they have not provided support for wheel at least there should be basic support for wheel. The wheel which I am having is working well but it supposed to compatible with PS3 only. However I am not able to customize the controls as per my requirement.
    RRU seems to be worst port I have ever seen. According to me the developer of the game could have done better.

Re: Custom Controls and Aspect Ratio Support Missing, Poor PC Port and Wheel Support in Ridge Racer: Unbounded

Can you tell me which wheel do you using? In the situation of mine I was not able to launch the game at all. I was getting RRU.exe stopped working error message. I was able to play the game if I have disconnected ECCI wheel. Due to this particular issue I am really disappointed. I have also noticed that wheel which I am using is working with FOUC. So I was expecting that new game would work flawlessly. If you wanted to have some great racing games then you should go for Pcars. Currently it is in pre alpha stage but it is working as totally finished game. you will be able to purchase the game at cheap rate as it is in alpha stage.

Re: Custom Controls and Aspect Ratio Support Missing, Poor PC Port and Wheel Support in Ridge Racer: Unbounded

The gamepad did not seems to be an exclusive thing for consoles. I was playing motocross madness by using sidewinder gamepad . it was an inspiration for the original version of xbox gamepad. In this particular situation I recommend that you should simply get a x360 pad also there are number of games available in the market which is doing well with the gamepad. Even I am not having any issue that Xbox gamepad working rather the developer of the game provided support for this particular gaming controller. even they are not having any though whether they are wanted to provide support for Racing Wheel.

Normally people are supposed to purchase racing wheel as it would give more realistic experience and lots of fun while playing the same. I don’t think so XBox360 controller would be suitable as an alternative for racing wheel. So far I am not having 360 pad even if I wanted to use joypad then I would go for Saitek P2600. I could not say whether it would work properly or not. As there is no clue available for the other control systems in the game. in case the developer of the game are not desired to provide support for all the control systems then I don’t think so it would be proper PC port and the developer of the game does not deserve money of gamers who like to use racing wheels while playing racing games.

I do agree that there will not be any fun if this particular game is not having support for Racing wheel. Hence I am looking for support for it both consoles and computer as well. it will give you feeling that you are actually driving a vehicle. If there is support wheel support then it would be huge plus point for it. if I was aware that game is not having support for wheel then I wouldn’t purchase the game. I was also expecting this particular game would have hood view same as that of FO series but it was not there. it seems to be a shameful thing the publisher has decided what should be done and what should not be involved. Well I am sure about the thing that BugBear could provide support for wheel if they have done the thing in their own way.

Sometime I could not get why there is no support for wheel in PC game. what is the big deal to provide a wheel support in the game? what they have to do put correct code so that we can have custom controls. Well just wondering that the next time publisher would not think to contract a PC port. As there will not be support for wheel in the game. if they have done poor port then it would work like garbage on computers. As there is support for 360 pad I think all the people should go for console version only. People who are having PC version and looking for wheel support should standby and they should not say anything to developer. So I am expecting that the developer of game would provide more game which is not a having support for wheel at all.

Well according to me Wheel support is something which can be called as luxury. It can be implemented if both times as well as budgets are allowing to do so. There is no issue if you are looking to have wheel support but unfortunately it has been not provided in the game. also it is perfectly ok if don’t wanted to purchase the game as it is not fulfilling the requirement of yours.
    I know that Wheel support nowadays common thing for majority of the PC games available in the market. even it is being provided for cross platform as well. people are having right to whether purchase the game or not. If required feature is not available then there should not be any issue if that group of people not purchasing the game. they can make the decision on the basis of support provided and advantages as well as disadvantages provided.

To have wheel support does not seems to be hard thing to implement in the game. but purchasing a game or not it totally dependents on the gamers only. In case a pc game is not having support for wheel, no remapping and there is no text chat online then I think one should go for console version. You are saying that wheel support for a pc game is luxury and I don’t agree with you. however to have a wheel support for console game seems to be a luxury.
    Apart from that I have noticed antriscopic filtering and have gone through the aspect ratio. In the game we are having Anti Aliasing. There was also windowed mode. game is getting 60 FPS where as console is having 30 FPS. The game is prompting with the input if you are trying to change controller prompts to keyboard on the basis of whatever you have pressed.

I have noticed some people who are not having any issue as there was no controllers support for the games. so people are forced to play on Consoles only. Personally I love to play game by having Momo wheel. Even I am having couple of them one I have kept for PC and another one for console.

I think all the gamers should remain happy as they have provided the console port of the game. now days pc games are getting very less thing implemented when you compare the Console version. If you are aware of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13. Every one on EA forum were complaining that it was not same as that of computer version. Whereas console gamers were complaining that it was not improved as compared to previous version. As far as this particular game is concerned we are getting mixed response for the same. we should be grateful the developers for the thing which we are getting. if this particular thing happens with NFS then I can say that it should be reasonable complain. In my opinion this particular game is far better than that of NFS: The Run. So again I am saying be happy whatever stuff you got.

Yes you are right though NFS: The Run is having support for Wheel but it RRU is far better than that of it. we will be able remap the button . this particular game is using VOIP so you will not be able to mute the player. You will need to turn off the entire sound of the game while playing online multiplayer mode of the game. Flatout 3 was also having wheel and button rempping and text chat online. However it was a beta version and online mode was broken.

Now I am coming back to RRU. So far I have not purchased the game but I wanted to get it. however before I go and purchase it. I wanted to confirm that key binding issue has been fixed with the game. they should do the same in proper manner. numpad supposed to bindable with other keys and 16x10 letterboxing issue should be fixed. Finally we should allow us to turn off vsync, Dof and blur in the game. Fov should be improved. Also I will consider what people are saying about the game.

Well I have already played Flatout number of times on the computer of mine. recently I have purchased and installed RRU on my computer. after playing the game very first time I have concluded that there was no relation between Flatout and RRU as well. the RRU is giving a feeling that you wil be able to drive into the game however it is not making any big issue on the final output. Well you have to simply bounce on the walls without concerned about how you are supposed to driving and simply complete the race. You have to simply play into general direction and press boost when never needed. According to me it seems to be a really big issue if this particular game is not having support for wheel and bindable. So I was really disappointed as it was not provided in the game. I was searching on the internet and I came to know that PC ports were not done by the actual developer and hence its really crappy. However a bad port would be a bad port. There is no issue from where it does come. The developer of the game also made the console version codded bit difficult so that we can have good port. I noticed that one will get better experience while playing game with keyboard. Drifting working nice with analogue controls. But still the developer of the game should fix all the known issue and release the patch so that we can have better experience with the game.