Thread: Unable to play Ridge Racer: Unbounded using PC controller

Unable to play Ridge Racer: Unbounded using PC controller

I think there is an issue with the controls associated with this particular game Ridge Racer: Unbounded. I was looking to rebind all the game controls but I was not able to get anything in for the same. so I have concluded that I have wasted my money. Also there is no scope for the people who are looking to make use of wheel or any other gaming controller with the help of custom mapped keys as well as buttons. So I was really disappointed and I looking for an answer from the developer end on this particular matter. Developers, why you have done this? Anyway let me know what you are feeling ? thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to play Ridge Racer: Unbounded using PC controller

After going through the entire thing I don’t think so developer are bother to get any other game for PC. All the gamers should get the PC version of the game itself. If the developers are putting less efforts to bring the PC version of the game then it means that this particular game has been already broken. It might be unplayable to you as well.
    When I am playing Xbox or PS 3 version of game then it supposed to work as I am expecting. But as I go for PC version of the game then it should be ported efficiently and it should meet the traditional PC expectation. I am not looking for any kind of special treatment from your end. There are people who are apologizes the developers for their bad products as they would stop making games for PC if all the gamers would complain for the bad ports they have done. Personally I wanted to play this particular game as it was giving me feeling of Burnout. There is no need to complain as all the issues are going to be fixed by the developer very soon.

So far I am not having any gaming console because of couple reasons. The first one is need replacement of CD/DVD drive and 2nd there BS subscription fee.. the developers has put all the efforts on Console. this particular game was giving feeling of the game which were released in the past. It supposed to be poor standard for the console port. I have not heard this particular developer ever before but they made very bad firs impression on me and I decided I will not purchase any game developed by them in the future. I was really disappointed this particular game was supposed to provide couple of controller options but it did not worked. I am not able to play the game as they did not implemented essential basic options. There is no need of having great treatment but game should be working at least.

On the PC of mine is game ruing at 60FPS with 16XAF and AA was implemented in the game. I do agree there are some features which should be provided by the developers. If you are able to launch the game and having any of supported controller then only thing you have to do is that you should get the key bindings of developer choice which seems to be most suitable for your gameplay. But it seems to be a major issue of there is no support for wheel and no bindable keys. So I was really disappointed with the same. but I am expecting that the developer of the game would provide appropriate fix for the same.

When I was trying to place files from emulator zip to game folder then the in game buttons were getting changed to xbox buttons rather than that of keyboard buttons. Hence I concluded that I was able to make use of the same. but still I am not able to get whether it is good or not. However when I go for steering settings it was displaying keyboard setting only. I am not aware of it why it was happening into the situation of mine. but still controller was detected as a xbox controller. but there was no difference in the situation when I was trying to change options available for emulator. I figured out that I was not able to use gamepad without making use of emulator. The only thing which I was missing was rumble effect. I was not able to get which setting will help me to get the same as neither changing keyboard settings nor changing gamepad settings worked for me.

Looking at the situation I wanted to share something which will be helpful to you. if you are using XInput emulator then you have to put the same into folder where you are having exe file of the game. after that you should edit the .ini file so that you can setup the buttons in the game. you should launch test exe that will show you Xbox 360 pad and buttons which you are supposed to press on the controller. you can also find out how to configure the ini file. If you press R1 on PS2 pad would light up the A button in the pic of 360 pad. By using this particular thing you will be able to swap all the buttons from the ini file. After completing with all the above mentioned thing you will be able to play the game without having any issue. there will not be need of reconfiguring the same. you should use your pad and it would auto detect the pad itself.

I was suffering from the same issue and managed to fix by using below mentioned steps.
    1. From control Panel go for Devices and printers and simply right click on X360 controller.
    2. Selected Game Controller Settings. You will get list of Installed game controllers.
    3. Go for Advanced settings and see that Xbox 360 controller should be set as default and it should not be changed at all.
    4. In case you are having multiple entery then you should have make a note of device should be identifies as game controller..
    5. Now return to Devices and printers and remove device . right click on the same and you have disconnect or remove.

Now reboot the game and I hope the entire thing would work without any issue.