Thread: Developer released Ridge Racer: Unbounded even though it was broken

Developer released Ridge Racer: Unbounded even though it was broken

recently I have started to make use of track editor so that I can save the track in the game. I played that created track with the friend of mine. this particular thing was advertised for the game. I am having RRU when it was released. I let you know that I was not able to save the track design or racing with the friend of mine. so far I have noticed any game getting lots of patches so quickly and still RRU seems to be totally broken.

I do agree that the developers are knowing that there should be some bugs left in the game and that should be fixed and they are trying to fix it so I wanted to appreciate their efforts which they are going to put in. I was really amazed that this particular game released though there was lots of issues. In fact I would like to wait for a long period of time to have a bug free game. there is no mean to have game early but has lots of bugs. I am not concerned about small bugs such as connection issue. however I wanted to talk about the spending several hours to design tracks and putting lots of objects on it. also having desired rotation as well as height of every single object. After competing with same testing all the things again and again. getting all the issues and fixing out the same. testing the tracks for several changes and making the change at the last moment as well. finally reaching at the stage when all the things are completed and getting the feeling of satisfaction to achieve the desire result. Now I am publishing it so that I can get good creator score and saved the track, when I wanted to play on track with the friends of mine I was got that there was no track. It was not saved at all. all the efforts of several hours was disappeared all of sudden. I was disappointed due to this particular thing happened with me in the game. I don’t think so the developers are aware of the issue which we are getting. I have created number of tracks and figured out that there were no track saved in the game. I am really frustrated and I hope they would look out on the same.

Re: Developer released Ridge Racer: Unbounded even though it was broken

I don’t think so there is any reason to convince someone to purchase this particular game. I think the developer know that there are lots of bugs left before the public release of it. I have found number of dishonest game company previously . the developer of the game should remove the game from market before it would be fixed by it. they were knowing that game has been broken and they would fixit after releasing corresponding patch. They have to do the same on immediate basis. They should hire some great programmers who are aware of fixes for the issue happening. It seems to be overpriced and not available for sale everywhere. It should not be cost more than $29.99. there is no reason to cost game as $49.99. since they have to do something really incredible to make the game worth for that price. I don’t think so the developers would ever managed to fix this broken game.

If you had paid for the game then Steam should update the game to version 1.05 automatically. So do check whether the update is applied in the game or not. You can also for savegame location. You will get rack over there. if I am not wrong there was no bug with tracks. After fixing every single bug there is discovery of another bug. However it’s a normal thing and it has been associated with number of game patches. Right now there are thousands of gamers are playing it and they are not having much patience wait. So they have to take appropriate actions as early as possible. If they would make any mistake while fixing the issue then it would definitely result into more bugs which cannot be affordable at all. they should take their own time to release the patch but make sure that there should not be any bug after releasing of patch.

Well I came to know that Skidrow patches are doing great job. So I think it would fix all the bugs issue associated with the game. last I am played the single player mode and I completely left creating of new track until and unless it should be fixed by developer entirely. There are people who got the issues with several steam version games and they managed to fix it by purchasing the non Steam version of game. now I am looking to install skidrow patch 1.05 and see whether it is working for me or not. I have completed with the single player mode and now I am bit bored. I wanted to know how many players are having same kind of feeling.

According to me it seems to be an unfortunate thing that you have lost the tracks which you have created. As per the latest update this particular bug has been fixed by them so I don’t think you are having any reason to worry about. The developers released the PC version in hurry as they were looking to release all the versions at a same moment of time. They have to fix lots of bugs so all the gamers should have some patients. I wanted to tell you that actual save bug was happened after the full release of the game and it was having compressed assets. I can understand that PC did not supposed to be primary platform for the developers as it is not generating much revenue as compared to console version. However delivering buggy game for the paying customer is not right at all. though pc gamers are in low number but still we are honest and paying as well. so please the developers fix all the bug issue as early as possible.

This particular game is an example of ‘ship now, patch later’. I really loved the game but it is pretty unstable. DLC or auto-patching making developers as well as publisher lazy enough . it could be delayed back for many days when there was nothing like Digital Distribution. So far one cannot play the game at all. We would appreciate if they are giving semi-functioning title which wont crash when you are at the middle of the gameplay or we can have editing of complex tracks.

I do agree with the thing which you have stated in the poster of yours. Patches are destroying the quality of the games. this particular game seems to be the buggiest game ever I had played in my life. But still I am having a hope the patch would fix all the issue which I am having. But still there are some games which were still broken after patching. I had good time with the single player and was happy with the same. but there was no fun while playing multiplayer scenario. I was not able to play the same. I got my value for money for playing single player only. I managed to get 3 stars for every single race apart from drift races in which I got only 2 stars. Still it is pending to earn Chase Master and Get off of me! award. Beside from that I managed to won all the awards several times. I loved to race by using WOLFSEYE GT as it was a slow car and working same as old 70's style car. There was boost in performance after using nitro on slow car. I loved to play faster cars as well but slow car was giving bumper action in the game.

After playing this particular game I have concluded that track side object should have more nitro same as that of FlatOut 2,. I used to drive for a long sidewalk and hitting street lamps, mailboxes, parked cars, signs and still I was able to get 3 tiny bars of nitro. I supposed to get 3 bars of nitro after having fish-tailing the car within couple of seconds. In Flatout 2 I used to hit red poles. There should be road side objects which should provide some more nitro in the game. big object should give ciouple of nitro bar where as lamp post or mailbox supposed to give 1 bar of nitro. If it does not happen then there is no point to hit objects in the game. the total duration for nitro should be 1 second longer. As in many situation when my car is getting explode against of target vehicle. It simply destroyed my number of races. Also road side objects should give more nitro in the game. at least provide above mentioned thing for the PC users no need to make changes for the consoler users.

Hey after installing latest patch I managed to create as well as save the track in the game. I was able to connect with multiplayer mode but I was not able to get any players. I tried to search player for around an hour but I was not able to get anyone in the game. however after installing last patch there was hug video lag. The game became worse than that of when I played the game first time. I was not able to drive even control the car. The game is lagging for second and in next moment it is running. After sometimes it is getting lag. I noticed the same thing with the single player mode of the game. the developer should fix the exiting issue by patch rather than creating new issue. I hope they wont do the same thin in future.