Thread: Ridge Racer: Unbounded for PC is terrible game one should not purchase it

Ridge Racer: Unbounded for PC is terrible game one should not purchase it

well according to me Ridge Racer: Unbounded seems to be crappy from the beginning to the end. It is horrible PC port. It does not have any graphic Options even gameplay is stuttering a lot. The game control does not allow you to enjoy the game. after playing around 10 to 15 races I managed to get 5th position only. Though I am able to play racing games very well. if you are looking to have good PC game then you should go for Burnout Paradise and don’t purchase this particular game at all. even I am not interested to have a look on the console version as it is giving feeling of Burnout 3 and its pretty old according to me. in my opinion the developers should rework on the game as it seems to be un-original at all.

Re: Ridge Racer: Unbounded for PC is terrible game one should not purchase it

I do agree with you. the AI of the game can be beat easily. When I saw the trailer I was wondering that this particular game is having great visuals and there would be lots of action to do. but after having the game concluded that it was really bad. now I am regretting why I purchased it. in fact Blur seems to be better for multiplayer racing rather than that of Ridge Racer: Unbounded. Another thing which I wanted to point out here regarding trailer, it was said that ‘Dominate the territory of others.’ But there was nothing like that. Even I did not liked the stuff such as Custom built cities. The developer should get idea from the TDU2. You developers are in the market from past 10 years and you are creating such crappy thing. the challenges are useless and no need to play at all. I don’t bother to browse into the hundreds of cities to race. Finale comments this particular game is totally useless.

Hey according to me Graphical options are not associated with the gameplay feature. we are talking about the gameplay features rather than options which are provided. I think you have lost number of races in a row and getting angry only.
    As far as my experienced is concerned this is a great game and it was running at 60fps constantly if your computer is meeting the recommended hardware configuration. The controls did not seems to be clunky. It is working fine with Logitech pad and you can customized the controls if you are aware of how one can do that. I am not having any issue with drifting and destruction. There is no need to talk about the tracks available. Yes the AI seems to be easy to defeat even if you have set to hard. this the only thing made me bit disappointed. I would appreciate the developers for this particular game.

There are people who are not happy with the graphics option. Personally I am happy with the graphics and there is no need to implemented more options for graphics. If game is stuttering then most probably the issue is associated with DX driver. ATI has managed to get a solution for the same but Nvidia is trying to resolving it. hence I don’t think so issue is associated with the game itself. In fact they have optimized your drivers for bf3 and skyrim but I am expecting that they will make necessary changes for this particular game as well. I played by using Xbox 360 controller so there is no issue with the game control at all. I think the developer of the game has provided a lot what I was expecting. Only got an issue with 1st few races which were belonging to street class than that of later stages of races by using faster cars. for this particular game I recommend that you should go for the car which you can control easily rather a faster car.

Personally I really don’t liked Burnout Paradise and if I am not wrong Burnout 3 was the best one from entire series. Well Blur was the game which made me to purchase RRU as I was wondering that it supposed to be same as that of blur. I don’t think so it is much great game to play. I have gone through some videos so that I can find out where is fun. Its not a good thing as I need to research to get how one will be able to enjoy the game.
    I figured out that there was less usage of drift. Even played few races and got that it was trying to treat as non ridge racer game though I got three stars after completing first city map. You will be enjoy if you simply discard the game mechanics implement in RRU.

It seems to be a great game. people who has managed to find out will not have any issue but those who did not get would complain all the time. They have spoiled game for the pc gamers. I think the developers are not interested to invest for the PC gamers. In fact Console games are generating 90% of profit. In PC gamers are supposed to cry when game does not get released and PC gamers are supposed to cry after game does get released. I think it is really bad to know that people are not able to get how drifting is working by using drift button. It is has been already mentioned in the previous poster one should select the card which can be handled best it is not necessary to have a faster one.

No one will let you know about drifting. You have to make yourself better by doing lots of practice. Some gamers are getting all the thing bit easily where as some gamers taking lots of time to play. I will not recommend that one should purchase it when the price is getting down. I don’t think so it would be worth to do. in RRU I had lots of fun while playing single player races and managed to complete all 50 tracks. But I am having lots of trouble while playing online multiplayer mode.
    In past I was a great fan of Flatout 2 and played the same for long period of the time. I played the online scenario as well so that I can get the idea of all the tracks. But I concluded that some of tracks were over played and lame. Even though there was track such as Pine Groves 2 where I got lots of fun and did not bored at all. now coming to RRU, the main issue is that its not having stock tracks so that you can play for enough amount of times and remember the same. there are all the tracks which are made by users. Even you will not be able to join a single good race. I think you would like to know that I started the race by having 3 players but after starting of the race all the players left one by one and I left alone. Since the tracks were having lots of exploding barrels and no one would be able to see where are we going from the explosions. Hence I am sure that 90% of tracks are lame enough.

People are supposed to design some tracks something similar to Flatout2 and have private racing for a while. For RRU there is no need to join the multiplayer mode of the game as it is having lots of bug and if I am not wrong the developer of the game would work on the same so they shut down the main server. However after server was online I was not able to join multiplayer. Though I fixed some issue by installing patch. I got the game from Steam for $20 and did not purchased the same for steam store. As there are lots of issue with the game I think it should be priced $5.

Well I had great time with the game. it supposed to be arcade rather than that of simmy. There is lots of fun while drifting by making use of drift button. If you are having car with higher drift rating then you should simply press drift button as hand brake. In case you have done appropriately then you will be able to drift without touching any brake. So drifting model is working fine but it is bit difficult to do. you should play at appropriate corner and speed. The cars which are having lower drift ratings then you should make use Drift button. You should simply steer into direction and you have to press brake as well as handbrake. The style of the entire game is just awesome. Yes there are lots of bugs and it disappointed a lot. Particularly gameplay is getting lag at regular interval.