Thread: System crashed because of Legend of Grimrock

System crashed because of Legend of Grimrock

Hello friends, I would like to tell that due to this game my system is totally dead. Let me tell you what I have done is, purchased and installed it on day of release. It was going on great and I was keeping on killing snails and getting used to the combat system and also enjoying the ambience. I was very much happy with it, then after that I founded Geforce 460gtx fan was making noise louder and it was keep on increasing. Same thing was already happened with me when I use to play “The Witcher 2” game, but that time I was not having enough exhaust fans. I was getting noise then all of sudden loud blast noise came from cabinet and it was so loud I have fallen from my chair. After that my whole system was dead, it was not at all responding. Then I have checked cabinet and founded that card is been totally burned and also the power supply. Now I need to replace the power supply and graphics card, but card was under warranty will be get a new one, just need to pay for power supply. I would also like to know that how many are having problem with game such that issue with GPU or it is getting overheating. For time been will be trying to play it with older card, hoping that it does not have problem with that. I have checked that it is working properly with older card only having with new cards. So what you people have to say about it? Thank you.

Re: System crashed because of Legend of Grimrock

There are plenty of games which are having problem with graphics card and it can be seen in all latest games. I would like to share some experience of mine, I have not seen any graphics card get burn, whereas I have done many experiment and blow up CPU, even nuked floppy drive and also power supply is been burned completely. But till now not seen a single graphics card getting burn, it might be possible that power supply get burn and due to which graphics card is getting burned. The reason to happen is due to stress as it was trying to get too much power from the power supply so that it can fan going to keep it cool whilst pushing pixels to a constant framerate. If you were having a cheap power supply then it can do it as it not capable to handle that much of stress. Let me tell you an example that I was using GTX295 card and was running it on 550 watt power supply from many years. It was been working fine and proper but it was been suggested that to use 750 watts power supply, so later I have got it for me and try to fit it properly into case, then it was working properly and then slowly temperature going higher and higher then all of sudden power supply burned. So it was seen that GPU need more power and PSU was not able to handle it. If you check that PSU for your card then it will be telling you some appropriate one but I would suggest that better go higher so that you not be able to burn card and power supply.

I do not think that it is not a common problem, it hardly happens to anyone but it has happened with me but not while playing Legend of Grimrock. It has happened with some other game and I was using two Palit NVidia GTS8800 1GB Sonic edition cards that also in SLI. When I was playing then got a loud pop and then alarm of once card got started and after some time was able to see plume of smoke. I really not knowing anything about card but there was something like cap or component which is been exploded on one of the cards and it was totally messed. It was not able to worked, so I have to send it back for replacement but Nvidia were not having any of them anymore and configuration of my SLI was not available so I have to replace both of them. I am very much confident that it is something related to some game and also with some cheap power supplier.

I am having a straightforward description to this. The game doesn't appear to be restricted by the CPU to any detectable degree. So the representation card is equipped to put every last trace of the inheriting capacity into edges. Unique amusements like Battlefield 3 transform a truly heightened stack on the CPU which puts forth a confining element for the GPU. In this case, the game will create like 150-200 casings the considerable distance through the capacity of your illustrations card which creates a considerable stack on it. This is much the same as a true blue GPU benchmark-where there are no constraining components similar to the CPU. Quite similar to on the off chance that your graphics card will bit the dust on account of the overheating, this situation is not an explanation for Legend of Grimrock, it is actually the situation of the driver or unfavorable fans or your workstation is particularly dusty or it may be that the driver is in accuse of taking care of situations of heightened stack or the temperature of your card. A diversion could not wreck equipment. Probably the outlet put particularly regretful fans on the card or whatever.

Whatever above user has told is quite making sense, in as much as I am running that graphics benchmarks on GTX275 SLI framework, than around the same time as that time fans get remarkably speedy and boisterous, different than they are not under any condition so engaged in any possible amusements. It may be scene that cards are attempting working absolutely hard and are not CPU confined as with Grimrock. I could likewise concur that there might as well be any card which might as well be outlined in the embodiment of a way with the goal that it could probably handle a cooling stack, for the explanation that it is a matter of time sooner than some game will prod the card to appearance and temperature points of confinement. Yet moreover I have caught that a driver was not in the slightest degree regulating fan speed respectably. On particularly smoking days, I have now and again utilized a Fan speed utility to constrain the fans to beat speed.

All the more I could allow that there is something off with the event; I am utilizing a GTX 460 with in a HAF 932 with 4x 200mm fans on 800rpm, which is absolutely clean-unlimited. Then again the high temperature levels on representation card are getting to discriminating levels when playing Legend of Grimrock such it is going more that 90 degrees Celsius even as the greatest safe temperature for the card is somewhat 104 degrees, likewise done checking of it with a product screen and an aerocool v12 fittings temperature screen. It's totally the just thing that is irritating me; else wise it is still my Game of the Year till now.

The game makes a point not to impart straight with the equipment. There is the driver amidst. An game tries not to need to be troubled with what equipment a machine precisely runs, but just utilizes an API which may be it DirectX or OpenGL or whatever and issues charges with it. These charges are transformed by the driver. It's absolutely impossible a game might conceivably express that it is been chance to smolder the equipment to passing, all it does is issue drawing summons to the underlying driver via the individual API. It is the trustworthiness of the driver to method these summons in a way that is within the particulars of the equipment, with the intention that it is not harmed. The driver is constantly among a game and the equipment, it is extremely unlikely to detour it for a non-special project. Since this wasn't the case, then any malignant system, perhaps a virus, might decimate your workstation, essentially by over-burdening the GPU. No believable Managing Framework could permit this to happen.

What I have understand that an overburdened capacity supply max output unpredictably, which might mean that some users are encountering situations with a film card that has capacity mandates too near the cutoff points of their capacity supply. A different feasible illustration is an inadequate capacity supply, unable to furnish what the card requires. I have had something greater than one PSU go blast under stack, so now I'm utilizing a 1200w model. No event, provision, or alternate piece of non-driver programming is determined to have the fitness to drive your GPU (or whatever viable piece of fittings) to overheat itself. The situation here is that the proposed PC's no doubt having a mix of undersized capacity supplies and uncalled for cooling/ventilation. Stating that "alternate amusements don't create this to happen" is unimportant, any game or provision that correspondingly expenses your design card in the same way could have the same impact. Respectably cool your machine and you should not have these situations and I don't mean legitimately cool it so it goes with the vast majority of the games you play, decently cool it so that all the more when running at full limit the card is not in a position to overheat.

It's a physics and unavoidable actuality that assuming that you drive the card to its restrain and keep it there, it decreases lifespan. No, it shouldn't ever create the card to actually spontaneously explode, and yes, it ought to never be plausible to prod a card to the focus that it does blast. Yet if there is no profit to prodding the card to that focus, an game ought to not do it. In the event that nothing else, the extra tumult from expanded fan speed ought to be sufficient to advocate that dependable guideline. Or the extra capacity practice. A design card going at full tilt for broadened periods of time will lessen its future. It will in addition build the shots of torpid capacity supply issues raising their heads, which can wreak ruin on the entire framework. This is not a best universe in which this stuff doesn't matter in polish. When an event does this for no human-recognizable impact on appearance, it is a blemish in the event's code. The recreation ought to throttle itself, as most diversions do. I could prescribe that attempt going into a modest basic live with no adversaries in most shooters and look at the edge rate counter-it'll usually top out at a great adjust number, such as 100. This is the game throttling its mandates on the GPU.

It looks prefer fix 1.1.4 will have vsync enabled by default, which will probably be supportive. I adulate the developers for such snappy accompany-up following launch; this is an amazing game and is made even more stupendous by their responsibility to it, I could not venture to sit tight for the level proofreader stuff to turn out. It's absolutely impossible visionaries can ever surmise the practically endless combos of computer hardware over there their product should be running on. You cannot bug-test for all items.