Thread: Mission Editor for Naval War: Arctic Circle

Mission Editor for Naval War: Arctic Circle

Recently I came to know that developer of the game are going to create integrated mission editor for this particular game. using this particular thing you will be able to built the unit as per the requirement of yours by making use of all the units available. However I am not having any idea when the developer of the game would release the editor. Also there is no information available whether it would be available for free or all the players would require separate application. As far as I know the developers would try to release preliminary mission editor though it would have all the functionally. It will be helpful to create the multiplayer scenario. You will be able to play the mission as a skirmish. However you will get less sophisticated AI. If it would work properly then they will provide more sophisticated functionality. For e.g. complex AI orders, neutral units. You will be able to remove the output manually in the game. also the developer of the game has commented that they are going to use Steam Workshop so that all the gamers will be able to share their assets. This particular thing will not be provided until and unless final releasing of mission editor. Let me know what do you thinking on the above mentioned thing.

Re: Mission Editor for Naval War: Arctic Circle

Hey thanks a lot for sharing such useful information over here. I know the developer of the game are always interested to create brilliant initiative. I think above mentioned information will be useful to avoid the confusion for mod creation and providing the same to the modders so that they will be able to create build which will help the gamers to personalize the gaming experience as per the requirement of yours. I wanted to tell you that people who wanted to play the multiplayer mode of the game should get the mission editor.

Well according to me Multiplayer scenario is applicable to the very small part of the gamers. However most of the players are supposed to prefer single player game only. Apart from the Mission Editor about which we are discussing I wanted to have kind of something which will allow me to randomize the position in the game. even there will be really simple sub vs. ASW Frigate mission then also there would be lots of fun to play. particularly if you are not aware of where exactly sub located. In case you are going to design the mission then you will not have any ability for randomize then you will not be able to get any fun in single player as you are already aware of where you will find sub. There is no need of mission editor if it is being designed for the Multiplayer mode only rather it should be provided for the singleplayer as well.

If I am not wrong they are going to target both singleplayer as multiplayer mode of the game. the basic thing is that multiplayer mode should be developed on the priority basis. And after that they should provide AI orders so that we will be able to get the good skirmish generator. In simple terms we are looking for something which will allows us to make changes so that we can have any kind of scenario into the game engine. So I do agree that they should release basic one and after that go for more advanced version. I know that this particular game having lots of different kind of missions so already it is having lots of replay value . but after having mission editor there would be huge increment on replay time. .