Thread: Does subs running out of fuel swiftly in Naval War: Arctic Circle?

Does subs running out of fuel swiftly in Naval War: Arctic Circle?

subs are not powered by nuclear energy. I was looking to go away few miles away from the Iceland in the direction of the enemies of mine. before I reach over there I was ran out of the fuel. Well I was using my sub at military speed and it was running at the lowest speed in the game. Let me know of if I am missing something or you can correct me I am wrong on the thing which I have stated over here. any help on this particular matter will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Does subs running out of fuel swiftly in Naval War: Arctic Circle?

Looking at the situation I wanted tell you that IIRC subs or ships in the game are not having any kind of fuel cap. So I am suspecting that subs of yours ran aground . why I am saying because Iceland lies on Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Hence I am sure about the thing that entire costal area would be having a length of 40+ miles. So the average depth in the ocean would be of 600 feet if I am not wrong. Maximum depth should be around of 800-1000 feet. Hence it sub of yours might be running aground. Virginia SSN is not same as that of Diesel Electric so that it could ran out from the battery and it would be slow down after couple of hours of usage. It seems to be worst thing for the real world but I don’t think so the developer of the game would do in NWAC.

Re: Does subs running out of fuel swiftly in Naval War: Arctic Circle?

If I am not wrong land and underwater ridges are going to mask the sonar. So far map provided in the game will let you about the depth at which you are running the subs. You will be able to run aground until and unless you have hit land actually. So we are not having underwater structures which supposed to be enough shallow for the ships as well subs.
    I wanted to provide some additional information over here regarding masking of sonar. Right now I am playing the game at sixth scenario same as that of Alliance. The game is getting started at Russian torpedoes and water chasing was happening with the subs of mine. the changing depths supposed to beat the trops otherwise I could loose the sub of mine. this particular situation could be unfair for the enemy who are not knowing about the location at the beginning of the scenario. You will not be able to play the scenario from any other side since you will not be able to get what is happening.