Thread: GPU is Overheating in Legend of Grimrock

GPU is Overheating in Legend of Grimrock

I have recently started facing Legend of Grimrock and the game is appearing to be taking toll on the GPU, I am not sure if this is issues is just in my case or with the game, in my case I am playing the game on highest settings and I have found that I am the game is adding about 10c to 15c, I mean that when I play some other game on the highest settings just add a decent 3c to 5c increase in heat, I have not faced much increase in the gpu temp with Crysis 2 and Mass Effect 3 even at the Max Settings, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: GPU is Overheating in Legend of Grimrock

Even I have been facing the same with the game, I have been playing other games as well but then I have found that the GPU temperature is 5-10°C warmer when I am playing Legend of Grimrock as compared to the other games that I have played, I will lie to add that I have also faced crash with this game, I had never faced the same before with any of the games that I play so far, I have also played Grimrock 3h without any such issues, I think that there is something wrong with the game and not our system, but then I am not sure about the same like you and even I have joined you to cross check it out with other who might have been playing this game. I have posted the same in some other forums as well and there a guy had suggested me to turning on Vsync saying that the game is not frame-rated limited and he also suggested me to make sure that the graphics card drivers are not set to "force Vsync off but then in my case CCC Settings were already set to default with V-Sync switched to Always On and I have also turned the Vsync in the game setting as well but then it did not made any difference in my case by now, if you want then you can try following the same suggestions and see if it is making any difference in your case or not.

Even I am facing the same torching of my video card with this game, I have noticed that the fan starts running at maximum just after 5 minutes of running the game and I am getting the same maxed out, I have played games like Batman AA, Skyrim and even raged on max for long hours but then the fan hardly started running at maximum, my system specification are as followed and I am quite sure that it is capable of handling such games but then I don’t know why I am getting such response, even I have been wandering in other forums and have found more and more people talking about the same but then I have not yet found any effective solution to get rid of this issue, I have somehow managed to reduce heat by lowering everything to low settings and playing the game in windowed mode with the smallest Resolution possible but then I really want to play the game at higher resolution like others without any issues, I have tried booting up the game with double buffering and V-Sync forced on but then was getting even more degraded response from it, I am using a real temp monitor and I have found that the video card's fans are making noise as well and I have to use headphones for ignoring the same, I have tried out all the possible settings and the solutions that I have met but then they have hardly made any difference, is there is any other solution that I can try out then please share it will be very helpful, I am not willing to continue the game in the same environment and run in to further severe issues with the card.
    • Intel 2500K
    • Nvidia GTX 570
    • 250 GB SSD HDD
    • 8 GB DDR3 RAM
    • Antec 300 Case
    • V-8 CPU Fan

I am not sure about the other cards but then if anyone is facing the same issue with nVidia then I will like them to try out s solution and it is using nvidiainspector and then setting the fps limit, I was facing the same issue and I have tried solutions like shutting down the system and turning the vsync on as wel but then they were just not making any difference but then later as I told I used nvidiainspector for setting the fps limit, in my case I have set it to 58 at 60 hz and I am not getting any lag in the game and I was able to play the game for almost one hour on the 1366x768 with option full on high and found the temperature to be reaching 84 degrees and not more than that, so if anyone is having the same issue with nVidia video card then they can try out the solution that I have tried to get rid of the issue, I am quite sure that it will work out for them.