Thread: Incorporation of AI in Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

Incorporation of AI in Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

I recently purchased Gettysburg: Armored Warfare and started playing it. After few hours of playing it, I realized that the pattern in which the enemies attack is very similar. I can’t describe it exactly but yes I get feeling of DéjÃ* vu many times while playing this game. Has anyone else too noticed it?

Re: Incorporation of AI in Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

Yes, the pattern in which the AI plays is predictable and very similar. In every map, the flag always spawns at a fixed location. So the first time you learn the location of the map, then it becomes easier to locate it the next time. Also the AI units come in same pattern to attack one’s players. If in the first round if a specific soldier with a specific gun comes from a designated path, then again in next game, same style is followed without any change. Also I don’t think that the AI spends any resources on upgrading their units. Every time same units appear without any progress in their weapons and other utilities. It seems that everything is pre-programmed and the AI follows only the set path. It does not do the thinking except for attacking when a enemy unit comes in line if sight. AI doesn’t even follow the enemy if it is spotted. For example, being a human player, as soon as you notice an enemy at far away distance, you follow him to find a possible way to kill. But here the AI keeps attacking till the enemy is in sight and then again follows the pre-programmed path leaving the target. Also while capturing the flag, every time; same AI player tries to capture the flag. Once he is killed, the AI doesn’t use another player to capture flag.

Re: Incorporation of AI in Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

Also I have noticed that all the players use standard military tactics of hiding behind the cover as soon as enemy comes near and start shooting and throwing grenades from behind the cover. It doesn’t use innovative techniques like strafing and jumping like human players to evade the attack while continuing the attack on enemy. The game is completely predictable and after few rounds I can easily guess where enemy must be taking cover. One grenade near it and way is clear for me. Also the enemy never groups together to rush attack on enemy.