Thread: Ballistic Blades in Mass Effect 3 have been wrongly mapped on XBox 360 controller

Ballistic Blades in Mass Effect 3 have been wrongly mapped on XBox 360 controller

I am playing Mass Effect 3 for many days and I hadn’t used the Batarian Soldier ever. Now yesterday, I thought of using it and tried it. He has an ability to attack with Ballistic Blades as primary attack. All the characters in this game have LB button assigned for primary attack, but here the button assigned is Y. It took a hell of time to realize what was going wrong with the game. All this time when I was using LT button, I was actually enabling and disabling my armor. Now for using the Ballistic Blades I have to take of my finger from right analog stick and then press Y button. It becomes hectic and very troublesome on Gold map where the enemies are continuously on the move. I know that the Batarian soldier is cool, but this improper button mapping has made it almost useless and boring. Does anyone else too face such problem while using the Batarian soldier?

Re: Ballistic Blades in Mass Effect 3 have been wrongly mapped on XBox 360 controller

In old days, the games used to have option for manual key mapping. But nowadays most of the games have fixed key mapping which doesn’t allow the player from changing the controls and use the default ones. Some games at least provide various sets of control which sometimes seems to be useful. Developers of Mass Effect 3 should bring out a patch that will fix this thing. I have seen this problem in Xbox 360, but I am playing Mass Effect 3 in PC and in this version, key Mapping though Static is comfortable and consistent for every character. The developers should also provide options to set the hotkeys that are required in multiplayer gaming manually according to the players need. I have also noticed that in Xbox version of Mass Effect 3, different characters of different class who has a same power common them have different keys assigned. One advantage of playing the game on PC is that one can indirectly change the key mapping by editing certain game file. This will forcibly assign a specific control to desired key.