Thread: Tips for Naval War Arctic Circle and Basic Naval Tactics

Tips for Naval War Arctic Circle and Basic Naval Tactics

With this mission, you will have to defend the airbase at the same time as destroying their airbase. You are going to have three priorities as below:
    • First is to defense "picket" which is there around task force and airbase
    • After that there will be scout for enemy defenses
    • Lastly, you will have to assemble strike force as well as attack enemy airbase

Here are some of the tips:

The Threat Axis: First of all you will have to identify the "Threat Axis" and this will be looked like axis of enemy attack. Once that is detected the you will be able to position your defences according to that.

The Picket:The external layer of for the defense is the protest for you. This is generally composed of AEW (recon), CAP (combat air patrol), as well as low profile/stealth ships. Within the land warfare this is going to be your screen. Generally this picket line is put around 350NM out as of your surface fleet and their job is to destroying enemy recon elements, detect incoming missiles, as well as engage enemy air assets. In this scenario, one of the planes is not within position because the mission just started.
    I have selected two airwings from the air superiority fighters which are flying mid altitude. This is via UAV element which is flying highest altitude and kept the radar ON. I would like to tell you that the UAV is cheap as well as expandable in some of the terms and this is the reason that I dot mind lighting up the sky and serving like a distraction. I have set the radar off with the other fighter. I am having all the picket units put as patrol small boxes and low speed in order to save on fuel. Their function is to loiter up there as long as probable. Other than this, I am also having sufficient reserve units in my airbase headed for reinforce my picket, rotate units small with the ammo and cut off any missiles or else aircraft which break throughout the picket.

The Outer Screen:I would like to tell you that the outer screen is normally situated 40NM apart as of your core units, otherwise high value assets. The function of the outer screen is to connect units which break during the picket. In this case my external screen is composed of a task force of three ships (One DDG as well as two FFGs), one airwing (also this is out of position within this scenario) and two helicopters going on ASW duty. One helicopter is beginning sonar boys beside the threat axis, and the additional is launched close to my ships on standby, set to engage some threat that is time dangerous. It Always have as a smallest one ASW helicopter airborn and close to your fleet, since the time you observe an enemy sub, it's typically excessively delayed.

The Inner Screen:The inner screen within a CBVG is typically the ships which is protecting carrier, except in case where my inner screen is airfield. This is my primary objective that I have to protect. The airfield is defended by SAM's and CIWS which is making the fraction of the inner screen. I am also giving the interceptor airwings with stanby for interception of something which breaks through.

Core Assets:I am having one AWACS airborne which is put as circle at highest altitude with the half speed intended for its radar that is extra effective. Other than this the tanker set to circle with the medium altitude on half speed and this is the reason that it is difficult to find. The AWACS is main thing for my forces. I am telling this because I am likely to maintain the active RADARs off to the vast majority of my units, except deeply engaged.

Emissions Control:I would like to tell you that the Emissions Control (EMCON) is very significant. This is very important that your surface ships, submarines, as well as aircraft stay undetectable. You must just engage active RADAR's while in dire need. This is being swarmed within battle, otherwise on key units that you think can perform like a picket/screen, otherwise are at the rear and safe.

AAM Missile Tactics:It is recommended, not to fire at max range all the times. This must be kept in mind unless you wish to 'scare' off an enemy unit. What I have to do is just scare off a great strike force, I will start one BVR missile at every member of enemy strike force, that will cause them to get evasive maneuvers. There is possibility that it will cause minor fighters to go BINGO fuel as well as RTB. While appealing to kill, if you are having RADAR off and having a stealth fighter, you must be able to sneak up on top of enemy contacts as well as engage at closer rangers. Fire two missiles on every target and wait to check if they are eliminated. Once that is done then you can fire one more volley of two. This assists to conserve ammo except ensures that you encompass a higher Kill probability.

Offensive Strikes:Offensive Strike Packages guide by means of your ECM as well as ECCM units. These are first equipped with HARM otherwise comparable missile types. These missions are known as "Wild Weasel" missions and these are useful at engaging enemy air defense units while they activate their radars. This is permitting to pursue strike elements with more chances of victory. I like to make use of my strike packages within groups of two wild weasel and after that wings of four strike elements.
    You must fly with low height and I am telling you this because it will help to fire volleys of missiles. I also try to make use of the multiple strike forces which are attacking from the multiple directions. If you are able to make use of the recon then you must be able to understand the enemies threat axis. Engage enemy structures as well as surface ships physically. It is also possible to launch a lot of missiles as probable before getting out of dodge as fast as probable.

There is one more important thing that I would like to mention is to ensuring a big strike package. For example, if you are attacking an enemy CVBG then you must have 0+ anti-ship missiles and then only you will be able to bypass their defences, you may need more than that also. NATO fleets through the SM and that could take on a lot of targets (hundreds if you are up next to US DDG's) therefore it is important to plan consequently. You must keep in mind that you will be able to reequip your air assets, except you require to wait some time. If you are having some of your own tips then please add that also.

Re: Tips for Naval War Arctic Circle and Basic Naval Tactics

Thank you so much for such a nice explanation for this. I am sure that it will be helpful for the new players over here. I would like to add one more point and that is, you must set the picket units which require within air as long as probable with the half speed. And also, maintain the reserve of picket units and this is for the reason that you will be able to maintain your picket 24/7. I wish to maintain the fighters back with the carrier. Don’t get tempted for launching each of the fighters. If ;you do that then you will be caught.