Thread: Jackal is a bug or it is planned in Tribes: Ascend

Jackal is a bug or it is planned in Tribes: Ascend

Jackal seems to be behaving weird. It seems that you can't place 3 stickies in the same place or at least very close to each other, because when i just fire a burst of 3 on the wall in hopes of waiting for the enemy to come by, after i fire 3rd sticky, all 3 just detonate. I tried it many times and I’m sure it was not enemy shots that detonated them. Carefully picking the place and spreading the stickies much, however, let me avoid that, but still, that takes too much time and efficiency away for a supposedly fast paced game. Not sure if intended, but sure hope it isn't. Also, this can easily be reproduced when trying to attack the generator - you just can't place all 3 stickies on it without premature detonation because it's too small. It appears that jackal doesn't show you all 3 damage numbers from all 3 stickies when they blow up. I've frequently seen some laughable damage around 200 showing up near my enemy while in reality it took much bigger damage, closer to 1000, from all 3. Also, this can easily be reproduced when trying to attack the generator - only one number will show up, and it will be around 200, which is either very wrong or just not true. This seems to be cosmetic, the full triple damage is actually taken but only one of the damage numbers is shown.

Re: Jackal is a bug or it is planned in Tribes: Ascend

You might want to check that you are only clicking 3 times to fire each shot. Because it will detonate on reload and if you have pressed fire a 4th time, that will automatically reload your weapon. If you have any "auto-fire" scripts to be able to "chain fire" single shot weapons, try making sure it is off when you are firing the Jackal. That said, it is entirely possible that you are one of few with a legitimate bug, but this is the first I've heard of it. And having watched streams of other players using the Jackal, for them (and me) it doesn't detonate "just because".

No, i was sure i only pressed button 3 times. Also found the reason of premature detonations. It detonates if i shoot too fast. I can perfectly place all 3 jackals into same place if i make a slight pause between shots, but if i just shoot 3 times as fast as possible - they blow up, and 3rd one blows up in the air, according to damage number. Right, i tested it more and more. It appears that, indeed, hectic clicking make stickies blow up. I suggest removing auto-reloading on jackal and making it do nothing when you press fire and all 3 stickies are already stickied. Make them blow up only on manual reload. Well, adding an option on that in settings would be pretty nice. I mean, on specific weapons, including jackal. But if that long click actually works - didn't know it before - i will try how it goes.

If I stick jackal grenades to an object that can move, typically a player or our flag, when the object moves they sometimes stay in mid-air at the point they struck the object. I guess it's obvious how annoying this is, it's cost me several duels/ganks and allowed several enemy carriers to fly away into the distance as I hit my reload button and watch a lovely mid-air explosion over the position where our flag used to be. I'm not sure if it occurred before the last patch (including the midair nerf for jackal and spinfusor velocity changes). After that patch, collision between jackal stickies is detected, and several stickies cannot be shot 'in' each other. I'm pretty sure that is what makes current stickies stick to each other rather than players, and makes them try to move around while on the body.

I have found a bug where some stickies will come loose from a player after a short time some of them hover in midair, some of them disappear. I have not been able to reproduce it at will yet. It happened when i triple stuck a sniper, and waited around a little bit before detonating. Only 1 sticky damaged him (500 dmg), one sticky was hovering in the air, and one disappeared. It also happened when triple sticking an infiltrator in katabolic. I waited a bit before detonating. He cloaked himself, and got rid of all the stickies. Have not been able to reproduce this 'cloaking gets rid of it' effect. It has happened way more often than these two occasions, but i didn't pay attention if i triple stickied them or not etc. Anyone else noticed this? (By the way, i am aware that damage to the stickies kills them, but this was not what happened here). I have found that 100% of the time, when you have more than 1 sticky on one person, and that person moves, he loses his stickies. Also, when a person has only 1 sticky on him, the sticky isn't likely to fall off (sometimes does happen tough) but the sticky moves around his body as he moves. (It doesn't stay in one place). It seems that when there are 2 stickies, the movement glitches out and the stickies come loose.

Nugget bugs I have noticed so many bugs till now as nuggets will fall from a good distance after few time as the application are moving. And because of this it stops to trap anyone with close love and it reports on melee strike earlier then detonating, because nuggets goes down before anyone can explode it if by any chance the target moves. As the Nuggets will fasten to any of the enemy or any friends. Now as I said that this can be used by firing it on to the ground and you can then easily walk over to nugget-ify yourselves so that you can then become as a suicide bomber. Now let me tell you if the nugget is fallen off from a trapped target and if anyone walks over it again it will stick to it.

It has the same fire rate as the ARX buster so I’m pretty sure its intended to fire 3 shots in succession faster than if you click one at time which you would really only need to do when you need to sticky a turret then hide behind a wall then sticky it again. If the fire rate only fired as fast as single clicking it would be almost impossible to get more than one sticky on someone pretty much nerfing the weapon into the ground. Yeah that will stop the whining but also ruin the usefulness of the gun. i guess conceptually, it makes no sense that there are 2 different ROF's. I would not mind normalizing the ROF to a value somewhere between the current 'semi auto' and 'full auto' speeds we have now. I wish we could get some sort of word as to whether this is intended behavior or not.

As it kills mediums it may only say 500 but it can kill anything but a heavy only takes 4 stickeis to kill a heavy that’s 2500 damage with just 4 jackal is bugged all to hell and way OP but no jackaltard will ever admit it. They like getting 50+ kills a match because they don't have to aim or even try any ting more. It’s a true zero skill weapon stealth up to someone shoot them 3 times run away boom hell 1000 times more effective than sticky grenades makes the thumper look like it shoots feathers. Does nearly the same damage as the raider's arx and you can do it all from stealth without a chance to get shot back. Yes not overpowered at all.

4 x 500 = 2000 not 2500 learn to math it takes 5 jackal stickies to kill a heavy and they literally have to be on him or on the floor 1 inch from him to do full damage. Even without the jackal an INF can still kill lights and mediums in one hit and heavies in 2 the INF is meant to be a one hit killer the jackal just makes it easier since he doesn't need to rely on buggy melee attacks or sticky grenades that beep loud enough to alert whoever you threw it at that he’s stuck so he can take you down with him in the explosion. Oh yeah and you’re completely right you don't even have to aim the jackal just fire randomly spinning in circles and enjoy all the free kills you get while being unkillable by the magical shield that comes with the jackal. Oh wait that doesn't happen you actually have to aim it yourself and sneak around while managing stealth energy waiting for the most perfect moments to attack or you are dead instantly. If you think it’s so easy to get 50 kills as an INF go ahead and make a video where you do it I’d like to see that.